Chapter 21 c

Jaces POV

It hurts. It fucking hurts a lot. The women I love, will never love me again and its my fault. I walk upstairs and grab my car keys looking around the room for anything else I might need. I see Roses jacket sitting on the dresser. I run my fingers across the stitching. She used to be the center of my life, and that never changed for me. I walk downstairs and then outside. I drive away from the house in the direction of Roses favorite bar. I pull out my phone while driving and call Angel. He answers in a few rings.

"Hola," he says. He sounds happy.

"I need you to meet me at the club right now" I say my voice cracking from the tears that are about to fall.

"Man, are you alright?" he says obviously noticing.

"No." I respond.

"I'm already at the club. I guess Ill see you when you get here" Angel tells me. I hang up the phone and pull into the parking lot. Why am I not surprised that hes already here? I walk into the doors and see the fedora right away, I also see the fluff of pink hair sitting next to him.

"Hola Beth" I say sitting down.

"Man you look like shit" Beth says giggling. She must already be drunk. Angel looks me in the eyes and I see his smile disappear.

"What's wrong Amigo?" he says handing me a beer. I take a swig and then sigh.

"I need to know about Roses new man. Before you get any thoughts no I'm not gonna kill him" I say to both of them.

"Why do you want to know?" Beth asks me.

"Because, I wanna make sure that she is getting taken care of, if she wont let me do it" I say, feeling the need to cry again. Angel looks me in the eyes, and knows Im not lying.

"He's a good man, cares a lot about her," Angel says carefully. He's trying not to give me too much information.

"It's better for her to be with someone not involved in all this gang stuff" Beth says. She cares a lot about Rose, and shes also right. She wouldnt get hurt.

"Does he love her?" I ask. Angel tightens his lips and shakes his head yes.

"I can see it in his eyes when he talks about her" he says sipping on his beer. I chug the rest of mine and then stand up.

"Thanks" I say and then walk to my car. Once I'm sitting in the driver's seat I let it all out. I cry, for the first time since Rose left a year ago. I will never forget the first time I laid eyes on her when Jeremey brought her to the house. Our first kiss, all our date nights. The way she can't speak Spanish. The way she laughs at everything. The way she never gives up. Shes the strongest woman I know. I dont know how long I cry for, but its dark by the time I head back to the house.