The party of 16

With their arms linked together, the two friends arrived to the home of Bilbo Baggins, listening to the roars of laughter from the first four dwarves that had arrived earlier.

"Ready?" Amanda asked. Fiona looked a little bit nervous as she wasn't to fond of meeting new people. But with a smile she nodded. Amanda knocked the door three times, and from the other side they could hear Bilbo yell "where are all these dwarves coming from!?" As he swung the door open. He froze upon gazing at the two young ladies before him. "Uuuum" he said unsurely.

"Amanda!"

"And Fiona!"

The girls bowed, "at your service!" They said together.

They rose with smiles on their faces "May we come in sir?" Fiona asked politely.

"Oh! um erm yes of course!" He said standing to the side. Fiona entered first with Amanda in tow "a lovely home you have sir" Fiona complimented

Bilbo blushed pink "erm thank you Miss" he said shyly.

"We are on a first name basis Mr Baggins. Fiona and Amanda are fine" Amanda said having a look around. When she reached the dining area, her eyes fell on Kili and her heartbeat quickened.

'I forgot he was here! He's more handsome in person!" She thought to herself. He seemed to notice her and sent a confused look over to Balin "umm, I didn't know there would be a girl on this trip" he said.

Fiona appeared beside Amanda making Fili quirk his eyebrow "make that two brother..." He mumbled to him. Kili looked over and raised his eyebrows.

"Hello my dears! Did Gandalf send for you?" Balin asked.

"Indeed he did master dwarf" Fiona answered. She seemed to notice that he was vaguely taller than her, especially Dwalin.

'Dam magic must have shrunk us! I was short enough!' She thought bitterly.

Fili and Kili walked up to them and kissed their hands "Fili!"

"And Kili!"

Amanda blushed pink when Kili looked up from her hand and gave her a small smile.

"I'm Fiona!" Fiona chirped, snapping Amanda back to reality "A-Amanda" she stuttered.

"Odd names, but awfully pretty for such lovely maidens" Fili said with a wink.

"Our names are odd? Listen to you sunshine" Fiona giggled. Fili frowned "sunshine?" He asked. Fiona flicked his blonde hair "your hair reminds me of the sun, hence your new Nick name" she smiled. Fili chuckled "I like her already" he said to Kili who nodded in agreement.

There was another knock on the door and Bilbo began to yell as he opened the door. A large group of dwarves fell into a dog pile, yelling at each other to get off whilst Gandalf, who was in the clear from the dog pile, knelt down and peeked in

"Gandalf!" Bilbo huffed.

Fili, Fiona, Kili and Amanda poked their heads around the archway and chuckled at the little mishap. Soon everyone was up and diving straight for the food. The girls were introduced to the dwarves who were a bit wary of having women in their group but let them sit at the table with them happily.

Even though they had seen the movie a lot of times, Fiona and Amanda were slightly disgusted about their awful table manners but shook it off. Fiona was sitting next to Bofur happily chatting away to him while Amanda was sat in between Dwalin and Balin. She couldn't help but peek over at Kili who smiled at her. She gave a small smile back and looked back down at her food

"Who wants an ale! There you go!" Fili said from on top of the table. He handed Fiona and Amanda a tankard each "hope you two like your drink!" He winked.

They raised the mugs in thanks and upped them with the others. At least they kept it in their mouths rather than all over themselves like the others. When they were finished Ori let out a massive belch, earning a satisfactory cheer from the others.

But Fiona smirked and let out a massive belch that lasted for at least ten seconds, shocking the group into silence. She blushed "s'cuse me" she smiled.

"Ha ha! I love this girl!" Bofur cheered giving her a pat on the back. The dwarves chattered in agreement and continued to eat.

"So! Where do you and Fiona come from?" Balin asked Amanda. She mentally panicked but thought of a quick lie "we travel a lot so be don't really call anywhere home" she explained nervously.

"Have you travelled to many places dear?" Oin asked holding up his hearing trumpet.

"Quite a lot of places, we've lost count" she said loudly so he could hear. He gave a nod and went back to his food.

Fiona slid away from Bofur and went to the kitchen in search of something sweet. All she got was the entertainment of Bilbos frustration over the dwarves making her giggle.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to interrupt, but what should I do with my plate?" Ori asked. Fili approached him and took the plate "here Ori give it to me" he said. Without warning he threw it to Kili, narrowly missing Fiona's head.

He threw more while Fiona skilfully dodged them "wow this is good practice!" She grinned, dropping to the ground and back up.

"Please don't do that! You'll blunt the knives!" Bilbo yelled. Amanda felt sorry for the poor hobbit but couldn't help laughing at the dwarves playing with the silver wear "Oooh do you hear that lads and Lass? He says we'll blunt the knives!" Bofur said.

"Blunt the knives, bend the forks!" Kili sang
"Smash the bottles and burn the corks!" Fili and Fiona chimed in

Chip the glasses and crack the plates!
That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!

Cut the cloth and tread on the fat!
Leave the bones on the bedroom mat!
Pour the milk on the pantry floor!
Splash the wine on every door!

Dump the crocks in a boiling bowl;
Pound them up with a thumping pole;
And when you've finished, if any are whole,
Send them down the hall to roll!

So, carefully! Carefully with the plates!
That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!

All the dishes were clean and stacked much to Bilbos shock as everyone laughed. Suddenly everyone went silent when they heard three hard knocks on the door.

"He is here..." Gandalf mumbled