A moment with Kili....

" hey girls! There's a troll cave nearby, let's go look for it!" Bofur called

"Let's recover first and get the ponies back" Dwalin suggested. Everyone nodded and collected the ponies in the forest. One of them didn't belong to the group so Amanda figured it belonged to the farmer from the burnt house. She calmed it down and stroked it's nose. "I think I'll call you star" she whispered, noticing a small white patch on it's head that looked like a star.

"Come on girl, let's get you some exercise" she mumbled leading it away. Fiona saw her move to the field and followed her.

Amanda and Fiona walked down a small dirt path with the chestnut brown house that sported a white mane, in tow behind Amanda. She smiled at Fiona as they walked down to a small field like clearing.

"You sure you don't want to ride? I can show you the basics." Amanda tried for the millionth time to convince Fiona to ride a pony by herself. But Fiona was just not for it at all

" I think I will just stick with riding with Bofur." Fiona said looking to the ground, Amanda rolled her eyes at her. They stopped at the small clearing and Amanda launched herself onto Star. Sitting herself in the saddle comfortably, placing her feet in the stirrups. She took the reins in her right hand and allowed her left arm to hang at her side. Amanda looked to Fiona before she made any moves.

"You sure?" She asked her, Fiona only nodded gently before sighing.

" Honey, your tired. Go back to the camp site and get some sleep. I will be fine here." Amanda said with a gentle smiled to her friend below her.

"Are you sure?" Fiona said a bit skeptical at first before Amanda simply nodded as Fiona sighed began to walk away until Amanda said " by the way...sorry about last night...I'm only trying to protect you".fiona smiled at her friend " I know" she said before heading back to the camp site. Amanda gave a clicking noise and squeezed the pony's sides to lead Star into a walk. Her posture so straight as she easily broke into a rise and trot. She bounced slowly in the saddle to the pony's bounce. She made another clicking noise and pushed the reins a bit and broke into a canter. She pushed the reins side to side and lead the pony in different directions some quick turns and others longer turns.

"Maybe we could try a jump?" Amanda asked Star as she pulled her to a gentle stop and slipped off the saddle. Her feet hit the floor gently and Amanda smiled, clapping the pony's nose before looking for big sticks and branches for making jumps. She found to thick logs roughly the same size and one large long stick. She ran out and placed the as a jump, looking at her handy work she walked away to find another set of wood to make another jump.

"You are quite skilled in you riding My Lady." A voice spoke gently behind Amanda's back. She jumped slightly and spun around on her heels, ready to attack out of fright. But she relaxed when she saw it was Kili.

" Jesus! Are you trying to get yourself killed? Cause you going the right way about it." Amanda said as she pushed past him and back to the field. She set up the last jump as she walked back over to Star

" What are you doing? And what are those you have built?" Kili asked wanting too understand her more. She somewhat sent a craving to file through him, for craved for information about her. Both she and her friend Fiona were cryptic at times as they seemed to speak as thought from another world all together.

" I built jumps so I can jump Star." Amanda said as she graceful clicked her mouth and pushed Star into a trot then to a canter. She position herself forward in the saddle as Star jumped the first jump and then the second. Kili could not help but admire her form and posture as she rode the pony. Her deep brown, silk like hair whipped about in the wind as her brown eyes that can be so fierce looking, showed nothing but happiness and tranquility. He smiled at her insane beauty when she was happy. Amanda trotted over to Kili and stopped next to him.

" Can you jump?" Amanda asked him. Kili scoffed and chuckled. "of course!" He said as Amanda slipped off Star and handing the reins to Kili. He nervously jumped onto the horse and settled himself easily. He put Star into a canter and took the first jump, just managing it.

"Lean forward and be less tense." Amanda instructed him as he took the last jump. He hit it badly and Star skidded to a stop just in front, sending him flying from the saddle and over the jump. He landed on his back and yelped in pain.

" Kili!" Amanda cried with worry as she ran over to his figure on the ground. She knelt next to him and scanned him over.

"Stay still." Amanda ordered him by placing a hand on his shoulder to keep him down. Kili follow her instruction due to the fact he did not want to anger her.

" does it hurt?" She asked him as she sat him up slowly. She began to check his head for any wounds or bumps.

"No not really." He said and Amanda nodded before allowing him to stand up. "Can I go again?" Kili asked her. Amanda sighed and looked to the ground.

"Are you sure?" She asked him. Kili smiled and nodded enthusiastically" Well I have a good teacher so." Amanda rolled her eyes and looked into his dark brown eyes. At that moment everything seemed to just stop. Her heart beat slowly began to pick up speed, she could have sworn that Kili began to grew ever closer to her. Amanda swallowed heavily and looked down to the ground. She stepped back and chuckled before walking over to Star.

"Okay, jump on." She said. Kili jumped up and onto the saddle again.

" Okay, now put her into a canter. When you are ready sit back in the saddle and lease the reins." Amanda instructed. Kili looked at her like she was crazy.

" Trust me." She said to him, Kili could not help but trust her. So he sat back and let the reins go.

"Now put your hands out and let Star do everything." Amanda ordered Kili looked at her but continued to do as instructed. Star kept her canter easily and moved around the course gently. Star went towards a jump and easily jumped it, Kili stayed on the saddle.

" you did it! If the horse can stay in some control then the jump will be perfect." Amanda said with joy as Kili came over to Amanda and slipped off the saddle. They smiled to each other happily and proud of their achievement.

" Kili! Amanda! Come on! Time to leave!" Thorin's voice commanded, they looked in the direction and giggled

" Wanna ride cross country?" Amanda smirked to him.

" I have no idea what that is but hell yeah!" Kili said. Amanda smiled and jumped onto Star before Kili jumped on behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist. A blush arose on her cheeks as she pushed Star forward. She burst up the hill dodging obstacles and jump ditches. Kili loved this cross country. They arrived back to the camp and dismounted. They laughed with each other as they walked to the others.

" Next time, I will teach you archery!" Kili said, Amanda raised her eyebrow at him.

" And what makes you think I cannot shoot?" She asked him while placing her hands on her hips. He laughed and smiled to her.

" Well we will just have to see about that then." He said before walk towards the others, he turned to look at her once more.
" And thank you. For today, it was fun." He said and disappeared once more. Amanda sighed and looked to her left where Fiona slept, curled up with Kiba.vshe noticed That Thorins jacket was over her again as well. She smiled and nudged her with her foot.

" wake up, it's time to go." She whispered as her friend awoke from her slumber.

"We found the cave!" Dwalin called.