Song of Durin

Fiona awoke the next morning alone but found Thorins coat over her. She stretched her back and jumped up wide awake. She spotted the company at a large table and skipped over to it smiling away.

"Morning!" She chirped. The company mumbled their good mornings and went back to eating.

"Where does she get all that energy from?" Fili asked himself as he watched Fiona jump up on the large chair with ease next to Amanda.

"Well, I'm sure Thorin won't mind" Kili said wiggling his eyebrows. Amanda smacked his arm making him gape at her while nursing it.

"Mahal. So strong." He mumbled to himself.

"Glad your awake Fiona! This is beorn" Gandalf said gesturing to a very tall hairy man. He glanced at me and smirked.

"So that is the tiny one who tackled me yesterday?" He said. Fiona squeaked and looked down.

"I'm so sorry about that! Wolf instincts...protecting friends...heh heh heh" She rambled, running her neck sheepishly. Beorn shook his head.

"Do not fret little one you are forgiven." Before smiled. Fiona sighed in relief.

"Beorn is kindly letting us stay here for a day or two as I'm sure Thorin still needs to heal for a bit and you two." Gandalf said pointing to Fiona and Amanda

"Need to practice those elements of yours. There's a river behind the house for you Fiona. Amanda you can use the front way. The rest of you, eeeh do what you please" He mumbled getting up and going off somewhere.

Once breakfast was done Fiona freshened up and tried to tame her dark blonde hair but it was proving to be annoying. She sighed and took out the braid she tried to do and went to try again until a familiar pair of hands took her comb and brushed her hair back. She sat patiently as Thorin knelt above her and tied her long hair into a tight braid, away from her face. He smiled and kissed her cheek.

"I never said good morning." He whispered in her ear. She smiled and leaned her head back to kiss him on the lips.

"Good morning then" She chirped. Thorin chuckled. He adored her bubbly attitude, but it bewilders him as to where her energy comes from. He shrugged it off and helped her stand.

"Walk with me?" He asked. She nodded and linked her arm with his. He led her to the river as Gandalf had said. He hugged her from behind and swayed.

"My beautiful angel. I love you so dearly." He said. Fiona sighed in satisfaction and intertwined her small hands in his large one.

"And I love you my king under the mountain." She said softly. She faced him and stood on her tiptoes and gave him a kiss. He deepened the passion and held her too him. She giggled and pulled away and shoved him so he would sit.

"I got to practice." She said tapping her nose. Thorin chuckled and watched her in admiration as she started to move her body with the water. He watched as the water rose up and followed her movements. He loved the way she made it looked like a dance.But he heard her humming a song he didn't know.

"What are you humming?" He asked curiously. Fiona jumped in fright, dropping the water and she blushed.

"Erm well um...it...it's called...the song of Durin." She spoke shyly.

"There's a song about us?" He asked in surprise. Fiona laughed and shook her head, sitting next to him.

"In a way yes....Amanda and I made it up." She covered.

"Will...will you sing it for me?" He asked. Fiona blushed.

"Erm I don't know..." Thorin mustered up the sad puppy dog look and Fiona gasped.

"You stole my weapon!" She squeaked. Then her shoulders slumped.

"Okay, okay." She smiled. Thorin smiled in victory and wrapped his arm around her as she took a deep breath.......

(Meanwhile)

" Amanda." Kili said softly as he walked through the high ceiling home. Amanda turned gently as she ran her fingers trying to untangle her waist length brown hair. She smiled instantly when she saw him smiling to her. She pulled her fingers from her hair and pushed it around her back. Instantly she wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled taking in his scent of forest pine and fresh snow.

" Come for a walk with me?" Kili asked as he pushed her back gently taking her small warm hand into his large one. Not giving her a choice, he pulled her with him out of the house and into the vast garden. The well kept area was full of colours and animals. Kili lead her to a small tree but it was tall enough for them to stand under. Amanda and Kili looked to each other with love as Kili took both of her hands into his, playing with her knuckles.

" You are so beautiful." He whispered under his breath, but she caught it and blushed.

" Even more so when you blush red." He whispered placing a hand onto her chin, lifting her eyes to his again. Kili leaned foward and placed a soft kiss upon Amanda's lips, pulling back he rested his forehead onto hers.

" I love you, my midnight star." Kili whispered quietly to her, Amanda smiled softly.

" I thought you always said that the light of the stars was a cold light." She smirked to him earning a chuckled.

" Indeed, but not your star. For it is a warm and kind light that stands out amoungest them all." Kili said back to her.

" I love you too, my Prince under the mountain." Amanda whispered to him placing her loose hand onto his chest and kissing him again. When they pulled back they could hear a voice in the distance, a voice that sung gently as her voice drifted ever so gently like fingers gliding over silk.

"A king he was on carven throne, In many-pillared halls of stone."The words filled Kili's ears softly.

" What is that?" Kili asked over the singing words.

" Fiona, It's called the Song of Durin." Amanda whispered gently to kili as he looked at her with surprise. He had no idea a sing like such existed.

"With golden roof and silver floor, And runes of power upon the door." It floated gently over to their ears. Amanda smiled as she sucked in a breath.

" The light of sun and star and moon, In shining lamps of crystal hewn." Amanda sang gently as Kili's smile grew.

"Undimmed by cloud or shade of night, There shone for ever fair and bright." Amanda finished as the voice quickly picked up. But this time they sang together.

" The world is grey, the mountains old, The forge's fire is ashen-cold." They sung together creating a eeire feel as a gust of wind slowly crept up and lifted Amanda's hair as if to dance with it.

" Guys, guys listen!" Bofur shushed the dwarves that spoke loudly to hear the voices in the wind. Bofur looked up half expecting for the owners of the voices to fly down with angel wings.

"No harp is wrung, no hammer falls: The darkness dwells in Durin's halls; The shadow lies upon his tomb." They continued to sing smoothly.

" It's beautiful." Dawlin said as he stood up trying to hear the words better.

"In Moria, in Khazad-dûm. But still the sunken stars appear in dark and windless Mirrormere." another small gust of wind picked up and swept past Amanda and then Kili, who closed his eyes as her scent of lavander was given to him.

"There lies his crown in water deep, Till Durin wakes again from sleep." The singing then came to a gentle stop, no one dared to move. All was still and silent, not even an animal move or called. Leaving the grounds in an eerie silences.