Dragon fire

The dwarves, Bilbo and Fiona tiptoed across the halls, in hopes Smaug wouldn't find them. But a coin dropped out of no where and they all froze, looking at Bilbo. He checked himself over to find no coins on his person. Fiona looked up and held in her gasp. She gestured them to look up and they saw Smaug walk over them but he did not see them.

"This way. Go, go, go" Thorin whispered. He made sure they all went through the door he saw and they ran further. They reached a dead end but what they saw was horrifying...

Corpses of dead dwarfs laid in dust and cobwebs. Men, women and children laid there. Fiona covered her mouth in shock.

"Oh my god" She whispered. Thorin laid a hand on her shoulder, half expecting her to shrug it off. Instead she hid her face in his chest.

"I feel sick" she gulped. He wrapped his arms around her, figuring it was the deathly smell coming from the dead dwarves before then.

"They must have escaped to here. Praying beyond hope" Balin muttered in sympathy.

"We could reach for the mines? We might last a few days there" Dwalin suggested. Thorin held Fiona tighter.

"No. I will not die like this. Clawing for breath. I won't have Fiona die like this either. She does not deserve as such. None of us do. if we all burn in fire, we will burn together." Thorin said. Fiona smiled lightly and pulled back from his embrace.

"If we head him to the forges we might have a chance and blast him with some water. That'll cool him down somewhat" she explained with a smirk. The group mumbled in agreement while Thorin wondered how she knew of the forges.

"We can split up!" Bofur suggested.

"Aye it will buy us time." Dori agreed.

"Alright, we will split into groups. Fiona your with me, Balin and Bilbo" Thorin said.

Fiona nodded and went with them while the others split into their respective groups. Fiona timidly clutched Thorins shirt, holding onto Thorins shoulder as he led her and Bilbo across a bridge. It was really quiet and they didn't like it at all.bThe next thing they knew Smaug had appeared ready to fire at them, but he was quickly distracted by the others yelling at him. They managed to get quite far into the mountain towards the forges. Balin ushered Biobo and Fiona to one direction but Thorin ran the opposite way.

"Thorin!" Bilbo yelled.

"Follow Balin!" Thorin said. Fiona ran to him.

"I'm not leaving you!" She growled as he stopped in front of him.

"Fiona this is no time to...."he began as large footsteps approached the corner and Smaug appeared with a sickening grin and his chest bubbling with fire.

"Go, go, go!" Thorin yelled dragging Fiona with him as Smaug released his flames.

"Jump!" Thorin yelled. He and Fiona linked hands and jumped over a ledge, narrowly avoiding the fire. They both grabbed onto a rope with a seat that led meters down below. They began going down deeper with Smaug coming after them.

"Hang on Fiona, I've got you!" Thorin grunted, keeping a hold of her waist.

"Thorin! Fiona!" Dwalin cried from above. He smashed the machine with his axe sending a box of rocks down, bringing them back up. Thorin held Fiona tightly as they rushed past Smaug. But Smaug was quicker and grabbed the wire by his teeth stopping them.

"Shit!" Fiona hissed. The contraption holding the wire broke and both fell on top of Smaugs lips. The tried to keep their balance.

"Ok ok this is no time to panic" Fiona grunted nervously. Smaug opened his mouth and they could see the fire bubbling up. Their faces blanched and they snapped their heads to each other.

"Start panicking...." She squeaked. Thorin leaped at her and grabbed her waist and grabbed a hanging chair before Smaug could devour them. He growled at us but the large contraption that had broken fell on top of him.

"Hold on!" Thorin said. Fiona grasped his jacket and held on tightly as they began going back up, but Smaug released some fire.

Fiona screamed but they reached the top just in time and were pulled in by Nori.

"Go! Go quickly!" Thorin gasped. They ran into the dark forges where the others were standing around

"Fiona the loan won't work! These forges are stone cold!" Dwalin said as he ran over to her and Thorin.

"We have no fire to get these going! We shouldn't have allowed Amanda stay at the town! She is the only one who may have had a shot at lighting them. They are stone cold!" Balin cried. Thorin smirked.

"Have we not!?" He asked glancing at Smaug.

"I don't like where this is going..." Fiona grumbled to herself as Thorin stepped forward.

"You've become slow and fat! You slug!" Thorin jeered which got the dragon really aggravated. Fiona saw his fire in his chest and gulped.

"Take cover!" Thorin yelled. He grabbed Fiona and pressed her against a pillar, protecting her from Smaugs fire.

"Fiona! Can you use the water a little?" He asked looking towards the cold water drains. Fiona shook her head.

"Tt's too hot! Smaugs heats draining me of my ability!" she gasped as her strength was sapped from her. Thorin held her face between his hands. As the fire stopped and the company began to complete Thorin's orders.

"Then Run for the halls of Durin, down that way, you must hide please." Thorin begged. She nodded as she stood up onto her tiptoes and kissed him quickly before running to the direction he pointed her towards. She reached the halls, looking in awe at it's beauty.

Suddenly she sees bilbo run in with Smaug on his tail she was soon joining Bilbo running away from Smaug. But as the dragon burst through the wall, the tapestries were knocked down covering her and Bilbo. Fiona quickly crawled to the shaking hobbit and held him.

"Those lake town people are responsible, aren't they hmm? I think I should pay them a visit!" Smaug growled. Fiona jumped up from under the large tapestries and faced down the large dragon.

"No! They had nothing to do with it! You leave those people be!" She yelled. Smaug glanced down at her and smirked.

"You care about them don't you? Makes it all the more pleasurable to have them burn!" He cackled, as his chest glowed orange. Smaug was ready to incinerate them until They heard Thorin yell at him so Fiona quickly pulled Bilbo up and got to a safe distance just as a gold statue that was revealed burst into boiling liquid that knocked Smaug over into the newly formed pool of gold. The gold slowed down to a near stop as silence fell upon the great halls.

"He's dead" Bilbo sighed in relief. Fiona sighed along with him and smiled. But it was wiped away when Smaug burst out of the river of gold. Knocked both Fiona and Bilbo over in surprise.

"You will all burn!!!" He roared flying straight out the main entrance straight towards lake town. Fiona ran after him followed by the others as the dragon burst through the doors of Erebor.

"No..." Fiona whispered in horror.

"What have we done?" Bilbo added. Fiona ran forward and up some rocks to looked out at the dragon flying towards lake town. Thorin yelled at her to go back to him but she ignored his yells and concentrated. Her thoughts.

'AMANDA! HE'S COMING! SMAUG IS COMING!' She yelled to Amanda quickly as she looked at the dragon flying towards the town where her friend was. And there was nothing she could do about it.