You don't have a home.

Fiona woke up in the middle of the night, unable to sleep. She sat up and rubbed her eyes and sat with her hand on her face. She gazed over the sleeping dwarves she had come to care for and sighed. She stood up and walked over to where Bofur was seeing as. Amanda was wrapped up in Kilis arms. She didn't want to bother them.

She found Bofur who looked at her in concern. "Ye alright lass?" He asked. He didn't expect her to shake her head no.

"Aw come ere then. Tell me what's wrong" he said softly holding his arm out. She came over and sat next to him with his arm around her "ok lass, no more gloomy faces. Ye can tell me anything" he whispered.

She sighed and glanced over to Thorin, not realising he was awake upon hearing Bofurs words. "It's about Thorin..." She whispered

"Thorin eh? Did something happen between you two?" He asked. He noticed her blush "well...he...kissed me...back in Rivendell" she's said softly.

"Really? Thorin? OUR Thorin?" Bofur asked in surprise. He flinched when Fiona glared at him "sorry, sorry continue" he urged

"As I was saying...he kissed me and....well...I ran but I didn't want to....Bofur....I think I'm in love with him but it's different than what I usually had felt". She explained.

Bofur listened to her as she explained " it's not like a silly little crush it's like, nothing else matters around me, only him. I have the urge to be with him and protect him...let him love me...but I'm scared" she said

"Of what?" He asked.

Thorin raised his head a little, so he could hear.

"I'm scared because what if after the quest he forgets me...he goes for someone more higher than me, he is going to be king after all" she admitted.

Thorins heart ached. That's what she was afraid of? Loosing him? "No..." Thorin mumbled to himself. He decided he would talk to her in the morning about it...

"Lass...I've seen the way Thorin looks at you. It's nothing but love and companionship. He cares for you a great deal. You know he never left your side when you were healing. He would talk to you, try to get you to wake up, make sure you weren't alone when you awakened. But he should know...a dwarf can only love once in his life. Ye would never loose him to another lass. He is in love with you, and only you". Bofur said, brushing some hair from her face "I wouldn't blame him. Yer a beautiful kind lassie who deserves to have her heart taken care of for once and I know for a fact he will look after yours...if he just let him" Bofur said further.

Fiona heeded his wise words and smiled softly. She gently kissed his cheek "thank you Bofur...you really are a great friend" she whispered. Bofur grinned and patted her head. Suddenly they both heard footsteps and spotted Bilbo with his pack attempting to leave.

" Bilbo" Fiona whispered making the hobbit jump. He didn't expect her to be awake.

"Where do you think you're going?" Bofur asked as he and Fiona stood up.

"Back to Rivendell." Bilbo said.

No, no, you can't turn back now, eh? You're part of the company. You're one of us.!" Bofur hissed. Bilbo looked at him doubtfully

"I'm not, though, am I? Thorin said I should never have come and he was right." He said quietly. Fiona felt sympathy for the poor fellow and laid a hand on his shoulder but he shrugged it off

"I'm not a Took, I'm a Baggins. I don't know what I was thinking. I should never have run out my door." He said regretfully

"You're homesick. I understand." Bofur began but he was cut off by Bilbo who began to get frustrated

" No, you don't. You don't understand. None of you do. You're Dwarves. You're used to this life. To living on the road, never settling in one place, not belonging anywhere!" He hissed. He instantly regretted his words when he noticed Bofurs sad face and Fiona's face growing glum. He immediately hugged Fiona " Oh, I am sorry. I didn't..." He began

"No your right We don't belong anywhere." Bofur said. Fiona moved away from Bilbo and smiled at him " we wish you all the luck in the world." She said softly. Bilbo smiled and turned away until a glow caught Bofurs eyes " what's that?" He asked

Fiona's eyes widened as she remembered what was to happen, without thinking she ran to Thorin and shook him "Thorin! Thorin wake up! Goblins!" She gasped.

Thorin shot up "wake up! Wake up all of you!" He yelled, but without warning the floors opened, dropping the company down a tunnel. Amanda screamed and latched onto Kili who held her tightly. They all landed in a heap into a wooden cadge like thing.

"Everyone alright!?" Bofur yelled. There were mummers of yes's. Thorin helped Fiona up until he heard screeches. His heart lurched at the sight of an army of Goblins headed towards them.

"Oooh fudge...." Amanda mumbled under her breath as she pushed herself from Kili's arm. She stood up before anyone else as they Goblin surrounded them grabbing hold of them. Amanda saw Fiona being pulled from Thorin's arms by a beast as she wriggled ad screamed from its grasp. Thorin tried to get to her but it was no good.

" Fiona!" Amanda cried as she unsheathed both of her twin swords and swung sliced the Goblin holding her, killing it instantly. She leaped over the top of some goblin as she pounded on a Gobling that held Fiona. The Beasts scream and most of them attacked her at one time. They disarmed Amanda quickly and punched her in the stomach.

" Amanda!" Kili cried as he tried to get to her. But the Goblin just pushed the company forward and throw the cave. The disgusting creatures made sure to hold Amanda as she walked behind Fiona and in front of Fili. They were soon brought to a stop in front of the most disgusting sight anyone had seen.

The Goblin king.