Death warnings

The morning sun of the last day of autumn had began to rise of the mountain. Crowds of townsfolk line the banks of the main channel as a small boat is quickly filled with supplies for the dwarves, who will be leaving to Erebor.

"You do know we're one short; where's Bofur?" Bilbo asked Thorin as he leaded them through the crowds. Fiona was behind him and then it was Amanda.

"If he's not here, we leave him behind." Thorin called out as they arrived at the boat.

"We have to, if we're to find the door before nightfall. We can risk no more delays." Balin informed Bilbo who seemed reluctant to leave him behind. They then began to step into the boat as Thorin watched Fiona step in. His eyes then went to Kili as he stopped him entering the boat. Kili looks to him with confusion.

"Not you. We must travel with speed, you will slow us down." Thorin told him, Kili smiled thinking he was joking around with him. Thorin places a hand on his nephews shoulder giving it a little squeeze.

"What are you talking about? I'm coming with you." Kili smiled to him.

"No." Thorin said simply. Fili, who was now in the boat, turns and looks at his family.

"I'm going to be there when that door is opened, when we first look upon the halls of our fathers, Thorin." Kili said with desperation evident in his voice.

"Kili, stay here. Rest. Join us when you're healed." Thorin whispered as he placed his head lovely onto his and then turned to the boat. Kili turns away and sits down as Oin steps off the boat

"I'll stay with the lad. My duty lies with the wounded." Oin said as he looked to Kili.

"Uncle, we grew up on tales of the mountain. Tales you told us. You can't take that away from him!" Fili said to his uncle. Oin was trying to examine Kili but he kept pushing him away. Amanda looked Kili and then Thorin. Her eyes then trailed to Fiona who has been acting strange since that night before. Every time Thorin spoke or looked at her, she would flinch and look away. It angered her seeing her best friends like such.

"Fili." Thorin began.

"I will carry him, if I must!" Fili tried to argue with the king.

"One day you will be king, and you will understand. I cannot risk the fate of this quest for the sake of one dwarf, not even my own kin." Thorin said in a growl telling him not to press the matter further. But Fili just looked at Kili and stepped out of the boat. Thorin tried to stop him by placing a hand on his chest.

"Fili, don't be a fool. You belong with the Company." Thorin told him.

"I belong with my brother." Fili growled to his uncle before pushing him away and then walking over to join Kili and Oin. Amanda stepped up to join him only to have Fiona jump out with her and try and stop her.

" Please, do not leave me." Fiona cried quietly with a scared look on her face. Her eyes looked to Thorin and flashed with fear. Amanda glared at Thorin who returned it and looked out towards the mountain. Amanda looked to Dwalin and leaned in close to his ear.

" You keep a close eyes on her. No matter what, you protect her. Even if it means going against your own kin." Amanda whispered to him. Dwalin nodded showing he would. As she turned back to Fiona.

" If anything happens, do not hesitate to defend yourself. No one can hold it against you." Amanda said with a hand on Fiona's cheek. With a smile and a reassuring nodded, Amanda stepped out of the boat. Thorin not reacting on glance to her. He looked up at Fiona and glared.

"You will remain here" he said quietly. Fiona shook her head.

"I'm coming with you guys. Remember I imprinted on you Thorin, I can't leave you." She said quietly. Trying not to anger him. Thorin shot a cold glare to her coldly. Amanda saw his glare but stood back to allow Fiona time to fix herself.