You'll see

Noah was standing at the kitchen waiting for me.
He looked so uncomfortable.
"Sorry about that" I said, my cheeks were so red.
"Don't worry about it"  he said.
"Is he your boyfriend or something?" He added
"No his just my annoying neighbor" I said.
"He looks at you like he posses you" he said.
"Really?" I asked
"If I could tell, I'll swear that you were more than friends" he said
"We are not" I affirmed
"Should we get started?" I said trying to change the subject.
Noah and I spent hours at the computer, eventually we ordered some food and we kept working.
He was so amazing, so smart, I was enchanted with his dedication of helping me.

We were working on the page and eating a salad from a vegan place that Noah recommended when a loud noise started pounding through my wall.

Oh no please not that hideous music again.

"What's that awful noise?" Noah asked disgusted.
"It's just my neighbor"  I said furious.
He was trying to bother me, to get my attention.
"I'm sorry, just.. let me fix it" I said.
I went madly to Emerson's apartment and started knocking on his door like a crazy person.

He opened the door with a smile
"Why are you bothering me?" I said demanding.
"I'm not bothering you, I just felt for some good music" he said casually, like if he was not affected by my anger.
"That's not music, that's torture" I said, I tried to calm myself and then said "Would you please keep your volume down, I'm trying to work here".
"Is Star Wars still here?" He asked
"Yes" I affirmed.
"What were you doing in there all this time?" He asked
"What do you care? are you assuming something?" I said mad. Now he was insulting me.
"I'm just assuming what you're thinking" he said.
I let out a sigh out of desperation and then said firmly
"Just keep your volume down Emerson"
"Or what?" He asked with a smirk
"Or you'll see" I threatened.

I walked to my house and slammed the door. Fire was bursting from my ears.

"Your page is all set" Noah said sweetly while he waited for me at the kitchen table and that relaxed me so much.
"Thank you so much Noah, now I feel like I owe you" I said honestly, then added "Please let me pay you or something"
"It's nothing really" then he looked down and started to stumble with his words
"B..but.. I.. I was...thinking if .. if
You want to .. to have diner at my place tomorrow" he said.
I looked down flattered
"I promise not any Indian food" he said and I felt embarrassed at Emerson comment about Noah's food.
I laughed
"Sure" I said, I couldn't say no to him, not after all he's done for me today.
"Great so I'll see you tomorrow, I'll text you my address" he said standing up from the chair and grabbing all his belongings.
I walked with him to the door
"Thank you for everything" I said.
"It was nothing" he said again.
"See you tomorrow" I said.
"See you" he said.

After Noah left I went to my computer to check out my new website. A couple of seconds later I heard a loud bang on the door. I was starting to recognize Emerson's knocks, he always knocks the same way and with the same rhythm.

I open the door madly.

"What?" I answered angrily

"Did you kiss me last night?" He said going straightly to the point . His face was so serious.

What?
Did he remember?
fuck Andy, keep your shit together
I was a terrible liar
I started to panic

"Wha.. what?" I asked
"DID.  YOU. KISS ME LAST NIGHT?" He said almost yelling.
"I .. I .. didn't" I lied

He broke our gaze, walking from one side to another.

"Emerson" I called him without breath then added "What do you remember from last night?" I asked.

"I just don't know, everything was so blurry, then when you said something from last night earlier I tried to remember, and if I'm not wrong YOU kissed me" he said.

"It... it was just a little kiss" I said in my defense, I couldn't lie anymore.

"Oh my god, so I didn't dreamt it" he said surprised. "It was real?" He asked with wide eyes.
"You thought you dreamt about it?" I said with a smile.
"Well, yes Andy, I have dreamt with you almost every night since we met"