Truce

Dr. Will: good morning sunshine

I smiled as I received a text from Will. After all the angry morning and rounds I had with my hateful neighbor this was a sudden change for me.

Andy: good morning!

Dr. Will: did you sleep well?

I did sleep well thinking about you.

Andy: I did, what are you up to today?

Dr. Will: I'm here working at the hospital all day, today I was assigned in the ER, a lot of COVID patients have arrived today, and there are no more available beds, we are starting to reject sick people.

I got a little worried for him. It must be so difficult for all the health care professionals. Doctors, nurses, people that worked in hospital, I felt a little bit lucky, that I could stay safe in my home with a roof over my head and food. I suffered for all those people giving all his strength to save people from this dreadful virus.

Andy: you are so brave, please be careful

Will: I am being careful, thanks for worrying about me, we are taking all the measures. But if one thing I can tell you, is that this disease is very weird

Andy: weird? In what way?

Will: because it's new, and no one know anything about it. And it has so many different symptoms. Some people have diarrhea, while others have pneumonia, others just loss of smell, we just don't understand it. And people are dying in our own hands and there's nothing we can do.

God, that sounds so horrible. A wave of anxiety and fear crashed into my body.
I tried to breathe. To calm myself. I needed to change the subject.

Andy: that must be horrible, I really admire you for what you're doing.

Dr. Will: thanks Andy, it feels great to be appreciated by someone

I kept texting with Will about my day. I took a shower, and as I was brushing my damped hair  I heard a bang on my door.

I felt a little excited. I was starting to like this feud with my neighbor. Butterflies filled my stomach.

When I opened the door I was surprised when I saw Emerson standing there with a pizza box and a bottle of my favorite merlot.
He looked at me with his electric blue eyes and a smirk on his face. He looked so hot, with just a black t shirt and jeans.

"Heeey you showered"  he said mocking me. Every time I have ever seen him im always in my pjs.

I felt angry at his bad joke and then started to close the door on his face. But he managed to put his foot between the door and the door frame so I couldn't close it.
He pushed the door opened. And offered me the pizza box, which on the box had the words

TRUCE?

I softened I little with that. I smiled and took the pizza and the wine.

How did he know that this was my favorite wine?

I wasn't sure of what I was about to say, but I felt bad not inviting him in.

"Would you like to come in?" I asked politely

"Sure" he said casually, coming in like it was his place.

I put the pizza and the wine on the kitchen table and sat down, Emerson took a seat in front of me.

He had like this relaxed personality, like he had no shame whatsoever.

"You've done good with the place" he said
"Thanks" I said
"How long have you live in here?" I asked
"2 years" he said
"Really? Why haven't I see you before?" I said
He smiled and then said
"You always leave so early in the morning and you always come in so late, I think our paths had May been crossed because of that" he paused and then said "Im more of a night owl, I'm not really a morning person"

"What do you do for a living?" I asked
"I own a small bar down the corner" he said
"Really? That's great!" I said
"Well not right now, I had to close down because of the pandemic" he said, he looked sad.
"That's awful, if there is any consolation I got fired of my dream job because of it too" I said honestly.
"That was why the crying was all about?" He asked
I blushed and then nodded.
"It sucks" he said.
"I know" I assured
"I have something to thank the pandemic for" he said
"About what?" I asked
"That I'm no longer woken up by the sound of your blender at 5:30am" I laughed, I missed those days so much "sometimes I got home from the bar at 4 am, and your blender truly disrupted my peaceful sleep" he said.
I blushed again feeling ashamed
"Hey! I didn't know that the walls were so thin, im sorry" I said laughing
"I blame the architects of this building" he said
"I bet they are nosy people" I said and he laughed
"What on earth did you do with your blender at 5:30 in the morning?"
"Smoothies" I said.
"I thought you were the smoothie type, then what? I'm sure you went running to Central Park"
I laughed
"There's nothing better than to watch tu sunrise in Central Park" I said in my defense, then I asked " How did you know?"
"I know your type" he said with a smirk.
"I know your type too" I said
"And what is my type according to you?" He raised his eyebrows
" I prefer not to say" I said.
"Please enlighten me with your knowledge" he said.
I sighed and then told him
"You are a player"
"That's it? I am a player? That's your assumption?" He asked
"Well yes" I said trying to sound firm
"And I think you say that because of the scene in the morning" he said
"Well yes!! I mean you had sex with her and then you threw her out of your house" I said
"How do you know we had sex?" He asked.
I blushed, why did you just say that!! Idiot!! Now he's going to know that you heard him having sex, way to go Andy.
I cleared my throat and looked at the wall.
"You know where you live right?" I said sarcastically
"Well just so you know, I'm not a player, and that girl you saw in the morning was my girlfriend for 3 years until I found her with my best friend" he said and then continued "So don't be the first to judge here"
"I didn't judge you, and you were the first to judge my type"
"I didn't judge your type I just stated the facts"
"So you just slept with your ex girlfriend and then you just threw her out for revenge?"
"It wasn't revenge" he paused and then said "it was just that... she was here, and I was lonely, she practically was begging for it, and honestly I haven'Thad sex since the pandemic started, I mean, I got my needs"
"So you just used her"
He stayed silent
"I don't know what I was doing"
We both stayed silent. Thinking.

"So, did you liked what you hear?" He said with a kinky smile referring to me listening to him having sex.
"You are pig" I said laughing. And he laughed.
This was the first time I had a conversation with him, and I don't know why but I felt that I could trust him. He was just like so cool and relaxed, so easy going. Annoying sometimes. But cool.