The salvation

The next day I showered again. That was a huge change for me, I haven't showered two days in a row since the lockdown started.

For the past couple of months Hilda and I had been checking up on us like once a week.
When I saw my phone ringing and Hilda's name appeared on my screen I felt so happy, I mean she was much more older than me, but right now, she was my only friend.

"Hey Hilda!" I said with excitement.
"Helloo sweet pie" she said with her sweet country accent.
"How are you?" I asked
"I'm great actually" she said.
"That's great" I said.
"And you? Please tell me that you took the pills I recommended last week?" She said and a laugh escaped my mouth.
She's been insisting on me to take Xanax.
"I'm not taking Xanax" I said laughing
"As you wish dear, but I must say, that little pill will change your life"
I mean I was depressed and all, but I didn't want to be stuck with medication. I've never been a medicine person, I was more the natural remedies and essential oils kind of girl.

"Speaking of life changing" Hilda said "I got into this online dating app, you have to try it"

"Are you kidding me right?" I said in disbelief
"No I'm not, and It's the most fun I've had in years" she said.

"And how do you date, we can't even go out of our homes?" I asked with irony.

"I don't, we just text"she said.

"Text? As in sexting?" I said and Hilda laughed

"It's a possible scenario, but right now I'm chatting with 5 different guys from all around the country who are on lockdown too and bored, just like me and you"

I laughed mocking at her

" You are crazy!" I said

"Call me whatever you want baby, but at least I'm having fun. You need to see all the things that this guys are saying to me, one already proposed"

"What!" I said laughing like crazy

"Don't worry I obviously refused his proposal"

We were laughing hard, she was reading me a few text from his suitors and she seemed really amused.
We kept talking and suddenly the walls from my apartment started vibrating again, and that hideous music started to pound. it was so loud that I was having trouble hearing Hilda.
"I'm sorry Hilda, my neighbor is bothering me again with his speakers, I have to go" I said annoyed.
"What neighbor? You've never mentioned him, is he hot?" she asked. She was so crazy

"I have to go" and I hang up, before she starts to ask more questions about my arrogant hot neighbor.

The loud music was bouncing through my walls, and I swear this guy picked the worst most dreadful songs.

I knew that he was trying to bother me. But he didn't know who was he playing with. I had a master in annoying people.

When the music finally stopped, I got close to the wall and then I started fake crying and screaming. Sobbing, weeping. Every loud horrible sound that could come out of my mouth I did it.

Game on neighbor.

Later that night I heard my doorbell rang I fixed my hair a little and went to open the door, but no one was there. I turned my head to the floor to see a little board box, I picked it up and read what was written on the top:

YOUR FAKE CRYING SUCKS

I unwrapped the box to find a package of Xanax.

Idiot.

Was he hearing my conversation with Hilda? That nosy son of a bitch, that was a low blow.