His brother

Dr. Will: have you forgotten about me?

Andy: no I haven't!

Dr. Will: yes you have, you are the spark that lights up my day, Andy really

Dr. Will: I told you that I wanted something serious and if you don't want that please tell me right now so I won't loose more of my time.

I laughed a little at his seriousness, how could he be looking for a serious relationship in an online dating app and in the middle of a pandemic.

I wasn't looking for anything serious, I was just fooling around and trying to make my day interesting by meeting new people and having someone to talk to.

But what if I was letting pass a really good opportunity with Will, what if he was a really good guy who was really looking for something serious.

Andy: how could you be looking for something serious with me, we live miles apart.

Dr. Will: we're not that far, I'm in Boston, I can come and see you if you like

Wow that was too much, I wasn't ready for this

Andy: I don't know if that's the best thing to do, because of the pandemic and all .

Dr. Will: you're right sunshine, but soon I'm going to meet you in person, I can't wait to do that

Andy: me too

The avengers movie was starting and Emerson and I were already sitting at the couch, he bought all the store of snacks and they were all laid there on my coffee table.

"You went big on the snacks" I said
"Go big or go home" he said
"Go home" I said, the bad eating habits had been crawling their way into my life. I've never in a lot years ate a bag of chips.
"I was hungry and I didn't know what you'll like, so I ordered online a bunch of stuff" he said.
I laughed
"Thanks" I said smiling.

Noah: we start the movie at exactly 1:00pm are you ready???

Andy: ready!

I sent him a photo of all the snacks

Noah: wow that's a lot of snacks
Andy: my neighbor brought them, he's watching with us
Noah: cool

Noah send me a selfie of him and a bowl filled with a weird food.

Andy: what's that you eating?
Noah: It's my mom's famous Chole
Andy: what's is Chole?
Noah: it's an Indian dish based on chickpeas, I don't know If I forgot to mention that I'm also a vegan
Andy: it looks yummy

I lied

The movie started and Emerson and I watched it in silence. I received a lot of texts from Noah about the movie. Emerson looked a little off. Every once in a while he took out his phone and looked at it hoping for something, but I didn't know what.
Finally he received a call, I hoped that with that he could be more relaxed.
He stood up from the couch and went outside of my house to talk.

I kept watching the movie but the echoing of his yelling was heard all the way into my living room.

I didn't know who was he yelling to, but one thing I was certain, I wouldn't wanted to be the person on the other side of the line.

He was yelling at that person with a strong intimidating voice.

When he came back his cheeks were all red, his eyes were bursting with anger and his body was tense.

"Is everything alright?" I asked, I felt worried about him.

"Yes" he said coldly, I stood quiet looking at him. Then he took a deep breath and looked me in the eyes.
"It's just my brother" he said with a more calmed tone
"What happened?"
"I've always looked out for my brother, I am the big brother, and i raised him on my own, I always looked for food and a place to stay, I've worked since I was 13, so that he can get food on his table, I know he's damaged, growing without parents, knowing that your parents didn't loved you is a really damaging trauma. But I worked my way through them, I had so many responsibilities that I didn't had the time to misbehave, I needed to set a good example for him." He said
"Unfortunately it didnt work, he's always getting in trouble, getting high, and drinking"  he added.

"That sucks Emerson, and it's so great that you help your brother, but I think that he needs to be responsible for his own acts" I said honestly, I hated to see him like this.
"I know, it's just that he always asks for my help when he is at his worst, what I'm I supposed to say? No?" he said and then added "I just can't, I can't leave him"

We kept talking about his brother, it tear me to see him like this. To hear about his story. He was such a strong and mature person, he's been through a lot.
The credits of the movie showed up and we then realize that we missed almost half of the movie.