Making a profile

I poured myself a glass of wine and crashed into the couch. Still mad at my awful neighbor.

I was so tired. Tired of doing nothing, of not having any aspiration, any plans for the future. I was just living in a time that was so uncertain. It was like my life was walking in an automatic mode with nowhere to go.

Cases of the virus were increasing, the lockdown was still on, and my anxiety kept growing at the same pace as the covid cases.

No one knows what would happen. There wasn't a cure yet, and the vaccine was nowhere to be ready.

I felt anxiety and fear invade my body.

But this time I wasn't letting them take over me. I had to stop this. I needed a purpose.

I kept thinking about the dating app that Hilda said earlier. It could be fun, I thought.
Maybe have someone who chat with, something to look up for in the morning.

So I decided to download this app and see what the fuzz was all about.

I prepared myself on the couch with my glass of wine and some popcorn.

ok let's get started.

first I had to make a profile.

Name: Andrea Mckensey
Nicknames: Andy
Age: 26
Date of birth: nov 30 1993
Religion: catholic

Physical characteristics:
Height: very short
Hair color: caramel
Eyes: green

Describe yourself:
Fuck that's a difficult one. But simple at the same time. Because if you would ask me I could describe myself in 3 words:

Perfectionist.workaholic.creative.

But that wasn't attracting anybody so I have to be a little more expressive.

Ok so here it goes.

I'm a 26 year old woman, living in New York. I'm a graphic designer, and I love my job. I am honest, loyal and idealist. I like to eat healthy and exercise, I love good wine, I like smart people, someone who can have a conversation with, I'm looking to meet someone to have fun, and to share great moments.

Ok I think that will do
Next question

Interested in men, women or both?: men

I laughed at this question, maybe a should put both, just for fun.

Range of age your interesed in: 27-40

No no no delete

27 - 35
Yeah, 40 is too old for me

Ok next question

Describe your ideal men:

What the fuck with this question.

Hair: don't care
Eyes: don't care
Personality? Funny or cute??
Mmm both

Describe your perfect date:

I laughed at the question, I haven't been on a date in ages.
But I think my ideal date would be:

Amazing wine + good talk + delicious food

Next step was uploading a picture of me. Not one from right now, no one would speak to me in this condition. I searched for a nice picture but I didn't have a lot. I found one of me at the ferry. My mom took that picture a few months ago. It was a good day.
I uploaded that photo.

Ok so I think I'm all done
I pressed the enter button and that's it! My profile was set.

Now it's time to start swiping.

Apparently this app will show me good candidates for me. If I swipe to the right it means that I liked him and if I swipe to the left it means that I didn't.

And if he liked me too, or if he swiped me to the right we were a match.

Really? was it all about the looks?

I couldn't look at any profile of any guy unless he liked me too. that's stupid. the only information available was his picture, his name and his age.

are people that superficial now a days? are people not interested in anything more than just looks? what about people's interests, likes and dislikes?

I know I sound like a 50 year old woman, damn maybe I was an old soul, or maybe I was just oldfashioned. but I believed in meeting someone and not caring about his looks, caring about his personality and falling in love with his mind.

but then, what did I had to loose, so I decided to give it a chance, let's see what this app has for me today.

____________________

A/N

hey guys!! thank you for reading!!! hope you are liking it!!

I'll try to update soon! you'll have to see what's coming next

please vote!!