I dare you

Ollie: ready for your next dare?

Noah: hey Andy, wondering if you'll like to do something today, maybe we can go running?

I woke up at the sound of my phone buzzing. It was early and I already had texts from Noah and Oliver.
Before I answered I turn on the news Chanel to see that things in New York were getting worst. Cases were increasing, deaths were on a 10% rate, and people was starting not to care, people were desperate in their homes, I was too. We've been on lockdown almost 5 months. This was insane. And people was starting to go out more. Myself included.

For a moment I felt lucky. Lucky that I was alive, that I wasn't struggling with the disease. That I had food in my table and a roof over my head.

Then I started worrying about my apartment. If I don't make some money soon I am going to be on the street.

So that day I began working on my page with more enthusiasm, because I really needed the money.

The next thing I did was started to send my curriculum to other marketing firms. I was done waiting for my asshole of a boss to un-freeze my job.

After that I really needed to get out, to forget about everything

Andy: great meet me in 20 at my place

I texted Noah to go for a run.

It was so nice and refreshing to see him. We went for a run and then we grabbed a coffee and sat on a bench at Central Park.

I filled Noah all about what happened with Emerson, I just omitted the sex part.

"It's just so weird that he just disappeared like that" I said
"Are you sure he's okay?" He asked worried
"I'm positive" I said.
"I mean, bad news travel fast" I said.
"And then I spoke to the lady on the airport" I added "He just left".
"Andy I'm sure there's something else there" he said trying to comfort me.
"That guy couldn't be more into you, and trust me I know how to read people" he said.
"I don't know Noah I just... I'm really mad at him" I said.
"Don't be, he's a good guy, and he seems to really care about you, just when he comes back give him a chance to explain himself" he said.
"If he comes back" I said.
"I'm sure he will" he said.
"On the other hand, I need a job asap" I said changing the subject.
"I can put a word for you at the alarm system company I work for" he said
"Thanks Noah, but I think I can handle it on my own" I said.

After I got home, and got a shower, checked my email to check if I had some answers, but I didn't. Then I decided to answer Oliver.

Andy: ready!

Ollie: ok so for your next dare you have to make a famous tik tok dance, but here's the catch, you have to do it on the street.

Andy: considere it done.

I spent 2 hours learning a tik tok dance that was trending. And then went to the street. It was almost dark so I needed to hurry. I laid the phone on a light pole and did the dance recording myself, thank god that there was a lockdown and there wasn't a single soul on the street. But if one thing I was sure was that I was a terrible terrible dancer.

I sent Oliver the video.

Andy: there! Just for the record I suck at dancing.
Ollie: I can see that, you're lucky you're pretty.
Ollie: hope you had fun
Andy: I did
Andy: now is my turn
Andy: ok so I want you to... make gargles with the most spicy sauce you can find, like sriracha or Tabasco.
Ollie: you sure like to mess with me don't you?
Ollie: I think I chose the wrong person for this game, you are crazy.
Andy: lol nothing compared to eating a bucket full of chicken, I haven't eaten since then

A couple of minutes later I was literally on the floor laughing at the video of Oliver dropping some Tabasco into his mouth and making gargles, he started screaming and jumping because of the spice.

Then I was distracted by my phone ringing.

Unknown number

My hands started trembling as my phone kept buzzing.
And my heart hoped that it was Emerson calling. Just to know that he was fine. That he was alive.
I didn't want to open my feelings, to let them out. But this unknown caller was making me nervous.

"Hello?" I said
"Hello am I speaking to Andrea mckensey" a female voice said
"Yes. This is she. I said.
"Hello Andrea, I'm calling from the Milestone Marketing Firm, we just got your resume and we would like to make you an Interview if that's okey?" She said
"Really? Well yeah, thank you!" I said excited.
"Your resume looks remarkable, how about we meet on zoom tomorrow at 10 am, our boss is eager to meet you" the kind woman said.
"10am is great" I said.
"Great see you then!"

Omg!!!! I was so excited, I couldn't believe it.