Chapter 8

Chapter 8!!! 

(Picture of Kiara on the side-----> idk i thought it was pretty) 

Song of the chapter: Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran (the version with rain in the background--- ahhhh im obsessed.) 

Enjoy!

Kiara POV

         I raised my eyebrows at him, wondering why he was so upset. I mean, hunters are bad, but it's not like we can't handle them. Can we? I heard the soft patter of drizzle falling against the window. It would rain the last day before school starts, I thought sarcastically. 

          "Look, I don't know many details," Adrian said, eyeing Connor warily. "Just talk to your dad, alright?" With one last fleeting look, he walked away, engaging in a conversation with some girl. I rolled my eyes. What about his girlfriend, the Two Week Twin? Now that was an odd pair-up. I wonder who'll break it off first-- Isabel or Adrian? 

          I glanced over to Connor. His eyes were narrowed at nothing in particular, and he looked like he was drifting off into space. He was frowning, so I grabbed his hand. 

          "Sooo serious," I sang, trying to lighten him up. His green eyes focused on me. 

          "Someone has to be." He sighed. "Didn't you hear what Adrian just said? Things are bad..." He repeated Adrian's words.

I rolled my tongue across my teeth. "It's not like we can do anything about it right now, Connor." He pulled me to the door and opened it, letting the rain splash against the floor.

          "Come on. We're training."

         I knit my eyebrows together, confused. "We just did...?" 

          "Well, we're going again." He dragged me outside into the rain, taking off in a run to the training fields. I followed him, still unsure about what's gotten into him. 

Connor POV

         Shit.

          That was all I could think as I pulled Kiara along with me to the fields. What the hell was Saxton doing? Why is he making himself known right now? Was he planning an attack, one I didn't know about? I thought I had more time to prepare for this. But why would he attack now? The Alpha hates me!  

           "Connor, why are we training again?" I looked over at Kiara. We had reached the fields, and she was standing with her hand pressed against mine, the other one hanging at her side. She tilted her head, looking so innocent it made my chest hurt. 

          This wouldn't have been so hard, if she wasn't such a damn good person. Maybe if she was a total bitch, this whole plan would have been a little easier. But she thinks I'm a good guy; I see the looks she gives me when she thinks I'm not watching. I see the way she smiles at our intertwined hands. My whole life I've been training, waiting until I was finally ready to take down these werewolves. I hated them-- I even hated myself. But I've seen now that werewolves aren't evil. There's no way that this girl could be anything but innocent. Maybe I'm not the freak I thought I was. 

          Her wide eyes were such a pale blue that they could have been mistaken for gray. They blended in with the rain, that was beginning to drench us. I moved my wet hair out of my eyes. 

          "You need to train." 

          "Why?" 

           I didn't have an answer. She looked up at the sky, opening her mouth so that the water would fall in. I remember doing that when I was ten years old, before Saxton told me to get inside for training. Like Kiara should be doing. Instead, she was giggling at herself, spreading her arms out as the rain doused her body.