Chapter 1

First chapter of my new story!! Enjoy! 

Picture of Kiara on the side------------->

12 Years Later... 

Kiara POV

"So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Land." I felt my heart constrict at the words in Peter Pan. My mother had lent me the book, saying it would help me become more 'grounded.' 

I scoffed, and had to catch myself from falling off the roof. Yep, that's right; I was reading a book on the roof of the pack house. So much for keeping me 'grounded.' I feel like the book has the opposite effect on me. If I were Wendy, I would totally go to Never Land with Peter, no hesitation. It would get me away from here, that's for sure. 

It's not that I don't love my family; I do, with everything I have. Just sometimes they can be a little overprotective of me. I mean, I'm seventeen, I don't need to be escorted by a bodyguard 24/7! And living in a house with over 80 other wolves doesn't help. That just means more protection for the Alpha's "precious daughter" Kiara. I love my dad, he's the strongest Alpha with the biggest pack for miles. We have three other pack houses filled with wolves. But sometimes, he takes his protection job a little too seriously with me. In fact, I'm surprised he hasn't found me up here yet. 

"KIARA!" Oops, I spoke to soon. I looked down at the cluster of angry people. My father looked pissed. My bodyguard, Chase, just looked annoyed. This isn't the first time I've snuck away from him. My mother had a feared expression on her face. Probably because Dad looked ready to kill someone. 

"Kiara, get down from there this instant!" My father yelled. I picked up the book, stood up on the roof, an jumped down. I swiftly landed on my feet with a soft thud. Chase and my parents came running towards me. 

"Why did you do that? You could have gotten hurt!" My father boomed. I looked straight into his blazing eyes. 

"I know, Dad. But I'm not! I'm fine, see?" I twirled around, showing him that there wasn't even a scratch on me. 

"You need to stop putting yourself in danger all the time! With your position, you need to be safe at all times! How do you expect to become a Luna when you're seriously injured?" I let out a breath. Again, with the Alpha discussion. 

"Well, maybe I don't want to become Luna!" I blurted out. 

I heard an audible gasp. Oh gosh, I said that really loud. I shook my head; I didn't mean that. I knew how important being Alpha was to my dad. I wanted to become an Alpha female, make him proud. After all, I was his only child. 

"Dad, I-"

"Enough. You don't want to become Luna, fine by me. But if you don't, you will disgrace our family name," My dad finished. 

"James!" My mother gasped, her face appalled. Chase looked like he would rather be anywhere but here. 

"No, Lynn!" My father retorted. "Kiara needs to learn to respect her position." He turned to face me. "Chase will escort you at all times. You WILL NOT leave his sight." I felt tears welling up in my eyes. He doesn't understand. 

"I don't need a bodyguard, Dad. I'm not a kid anymore." I said to him. 

"Then stop acting like one, and grow up!" He roared. I stumbled backwards. A tear made its way down my cheek. I wiped it away furiously. He wants me to grow up? Fine. I'll start by making a living. Myself. 

I quickly shifted into my hazel colored wolf, and made a beeline straight for the surrounding forest. I hope I got a head start, because Chase was much faster than me. I heard choruses of "Kiara!" and "Kiara, come back!" But I kept on running. I ran until I couldn't smell the scent of my pack anymore. 

Coming to a rest, I looked around panting. I didn't recognize this part of the forest anymore. Man, I must have ran far. I looked behind me. No signs of anyone from my pack following me. Good. I didn't need them. I could "grow up" without them here. 

It was dark in this part of the forest. The trees were covering the sky, like a blanket. You couldn't even tell it was daytime. I laid down next to a nearby tree, setting my head in between my paws. I heard an almost inaudible click, and my head snapped up. 

I felt fear ripple through me, as I stood up in a defensive position. A hunter was standing right in front of me, his gun pointed towards my head. Black eyes were focused on me, watching my every move. Damn, he was a trained hunter. 

He smirked and cocked his head as if to say, 'Bring it on.'

Oh shit. 

_________________________

Uh, oh. What's going to happen? Hope you liked it, thanks for reading! 

Please don't forget to Fan/Vote/Comment and enjoy :).