Chapter 7

Chapter 7! Thanks for reading :)

Song of the chapter is 'Grade 8' by Ed Sheeran! (Sooo good. I love him!!) --------->

Connor POV

          I tried to open my eyes, but they felt heavy and exhausted. It was still dark outside, so I knew it was early in the morning. Trying to ignore my pouding head, I drifted in and out of sleep until I just couldn't take it anymore. Feeling too warm, I threw off the quilt and watched the sunrise through the small round window. Something vibrated under me, and I reached into the tangled blankets to find my cellphone. 'Saxton' was flashing across the screen. I sat up with a yawn. 

          "Hello?" I cleared my throat to remove the sleep from my voice. 

          "How's it going?" His voice sounded wide awake. Chirpy, even. 

          "It's, uh, going fine. Smoothly." Telling him that I actually liked the girl would probably not be the best idea. "Kiara's falling right into it," It killed me to say. It wasn't a lie, though. She thinks I'm this perfect mate she's been waiting her whole life for. 

          "And the Alpha?" 

          "He hates me." That wasn't a lie either. There was a pause. "I'm trying, Saxton." 

         He scoffed through the phone. "Well getting drunk at his house isn't a good start." 

          Shit. I ran my hand through my hair. "How'd you find out about that?"  

           "Let's just say I have a way of seeing everything you're doing over there at the dog pound." He chuckled at his pun. I forgot how much Saxton hated werewolves. 

          I gripped the phone tighter. "You're spying on me?" 

          "Just observing." I heard shuffling in the background. "I agree with you though, the girl's believing every second of it. It's only a matter of time..."

          I stayed quiet, before I said something I would regret.  

          "Get on their good side. No more parties. Got it?" Before I could answer, I heard a click and the line went dead. I let out a frustrated sigh. 

          I fucked up. 

          I'm getting too close to her. I knew I would have to earn her trust, but I didn't expect to feel awful about it. Kiara's... awesome. And yeah, her dad may be a dick to me, but he's cautious. And he should be. I guess I didn't expect people like me to seem so normal. How was I going to go through with this? I don't know much about mates, but I can guess that they aren't supposed to kill each other. How was I going to prevent Kiara from getting hurt from the one person who's supposed to protect her? 

          An Idea hit me. 

          I'll train her. I'll train Kiara so well that she'll be able to take me down when the time comes. I refuse to hurt her.  

          I grabbed my clothes and rushed down the stairs to one of the bathrooms on the third floor. I needed a shower before I could do anything. 

Kiara POV

          I felt a hand shake my shoulder, and I groaned sleepily. What time is it? I curled myself into a ball, and threw the blankets over my head. 

          "Kiara." It was Connor. What's he doing up so early? 

          I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. Connor was dressed and ready for the day, his hair slightly dripping from a shower.