Chapter 31

:(. that is all

Picture of Connor to quicken your heart rate! 

No song this chapter because it's a short one and I'm honestly in a rush to post this lol

Enjoy! xx

Chapter 31

Connor POV

Kiara skidded to a stop just as all the energy left me, and my back hit the ground. I groaned at the sharp pain the thud brought to my abdomen. She fell to her knees, and I noticed the blood running down her leg from when she was stabbed in wolf form. I almost growled at the thought of that hunter trying to hurt her. I really hope she'll get that checked out, I thought as I noticed some of her blood drip onto the grass. 

"Oh God," she sobbed, shifting my attention away from her leg. I wanted to reach out and move her hair from her face, to run my thumb over the spot of dry blood on her cheek. But all I could do was stare at her and try to memorize every part of her face, every feature. Her grey eyes darted across my body as she pressed her hands on my stomach. The added pressure made me groan again, much to my displeasure. I didn't want her to take her hands off of me, despite the pain. 

"Fuck," I hissed through my teeth to no one in particular. "Fuck, it hurts." I guess I was becoming a little delirious from the pain, because before I knew it I was looking up at her with half lidded eyes. 

Her eyes widened and started to fill with tears, but she blinked them away as fast as they came. I loved when she was strong like this, and I could tell she was trying to be strong for me. I wanted to tell her I loved her. So fucking much. 

She brought her hand up to move my hair away from my sweaty forehead. "Okay," she said, trying to convince herself more than me. "Okay, you're okay, Connor. You're going to be okay. It's going to be fine." 

The snow was falling around her, falling into her hair and long eyelashes. I couldn't really focus on anything except for her, so everything else just looked like a hazy, white glow. 

"You're so beautiful," I murmured. She really did look like an angel in that moment. I guess I had started to fall asleep or something, because she moved her hand to my face and forced me to look her in the eyes. 

"Don't you dare do that, Connor. Don't you dare give up on me!" She was sobbing now, her palm shaking on my face. I didn't want to make her cry, but I could already feel the paralysis starting to take over. I knew I was done for, and she knew it too. She started to scream again, this time for help. "Somebody, please! The medics, help him, please! Oh god..." she trailed off into another round of sobs. My heart clenched at the sight of her. I needed to make her okay. I could barely feel the pain anymore, and although the relief was welcomed, I knew I didn't have much time.