Chapter 17

Song of the chapter is "Jungle" by Jamie N Commons and X Ambasadors

Picture of Savannah Cornwall on the side---->

Enjoy!

Chapter 17

Connor POV

"Connor!" The sound of Kiara's voice made me snap my head towards her direction. She was bouncing on her toes like a little kid, carrying a large canvas tote and gesturing excitedly to the tall blonde in front of her. She waved me over, and I nodded my head slightly in response.

I put down the enormous purple trunk on the front steps of the pack house and walked over to where she was standing. After I was all showered and (mostly) clean following the uh, fight between me and Adrian, the pack was still helping this damn family move all their belongings in. How much stuff could one family have? It's taken nearly two and a half hours just to move all the shit into the house. 

People eyed me nervously as I walked, noticing the yellowing bruise on my face. I tried to keep my face as relaxed as I could; I couldn't keep scaring them away or they'd never start to trust me. As I got closer to Kiara, I could feel my nose perk up with the scent of her. I trapped my hands in my pockets to fight the urge to hold her. 

"This is my friend, Savannah," she said brightly, her eyes giving a glint of pride. I know she was really happy to have made a real friend in this place. Well, besides Adrian, I guess. 

"So you're the mate," the girl turned around. I could see the resemblance to Isabel; they had the same cornsilk blonde hair and navy blue eyes, but Savannah's hair was cut into wispy bangs and her eyes were lined with heavy makeup. The girl was sucking on a cherry lollipop, staining her lips a deep red.

"You're not what I expected," I admitted, earning a smirk from Savannah.

Kiara rolled her eyes. "I told you she wasn't like her cousins," she said. As if on cue, Adrian and his, uh, girlfriend sauntered up to us.

"Sav, your mom's on the phone!" Isabel sqealed at her cousin. Her arm was wound around Adrians, her hand resting tight on his bicep.

Kiara looked at her, confused. "Your mom didn't move with you?"

"She stayed across town. I told her I would stay with her, but she wanted me to move with my aunt and uncle. She said I needed to have a 'real pack experience.'" Savannah took the phone from Isabel and turned away to talk with some privacy.

I noticed Adrian's eyes travel down her turned backside, and I raised my eyebrow at him with a smirk. I guess once a player, always a player. As long as he's not bothering my mate, I don't really care who he fucks.

Once Savannah was done, she handed the phone back and then noticed Isabels death grip on Adrian's arm. "I'm guessing you're the reason we packed up and moved here?" She put her hands on her hips, letting the lollipop stick hang low on her bottom lip.

"Yeah," Adrian replied, knitting his eyebrows together. "You're not what I expected."

She smirked. "That seems to be the theme for today." She snuck a glance at me, and I stood up straighter on instinct. She took one last lick of her lollipop, then wrapped it up in its paper. "I'll see you later," she directed at Kiara. "I'm gonna go unpack the mountains of stuff I brought." With a wink, she was gone.

"Isn't she great?" Kiara grinned at me. I didn't have the heart to tell her that her new friend seemed a little off, but hey, who am I to judge? I slid my arm around her shoulders and placed a kiss to the top of her head.