Chapter 23

Song of the chapter is "Too Good" by Drake ft. Rihanna. Warning it's a really weird version I couldn't find the original on Youtube... 

Photo of Adrian to jog your memory (and your heart rate lol) 

Chapter 23

Adrian POV (whaaaaat!) 

"Nobody touches her!" A voice I hardly recognized as my own roared into the crowd of onlookers. It sounded too gruff and agonizing to have come from my mouth, the always playful Adrian Jackson. But here I was, growling and snapping at anyone who came too close to my mate. 

My mate. 

I'd never felt this anger before, this possessive quality coursing through my veins and making my limbs feel heavy. It was like a little part of me was actually ripped away, cheesy as it sounds. Seeing her this way made my chest ache. She was supposed to be smirking, laughing her way through my horrible jokes. Instead, she was lying in my arms so still. So, so still. 

"Is she okay?" 

I snapped my head up to whoever had the audacity to come near us when I recognized Connor. He wrapped an arm around Keek as she looked at me in concern. Connor had concern and fear plastered all over his face, his mouth set in a grim line. I wondered if that's what I looked like, too. 

"She'll be okay," Keek replied, speaking to me more than her mate. "Look, she's already healing." 

At her words, I looked down at Savannah's wound. The blood looked mostly dried, and the slit in her stomach was closing up nicely. The arrow needed to come out, that's all. 

I let out a sigh of relief I hadn't known I'd been holding. I stood up with her in my arms, careful not to move her too much. It was the most careful I'd been with anything in my life. "I'll take her to my room. She needs to rest," I said. 

In my room, I laid her down gently on the king sized bed. She looked so small surrounded by my pillows and blankets. I took the time to study her as she slept; I couldn't help myself as I pushed her blonde bangs away from her forehead, then trailing my fingers down her cheek to her soft jaw. 

I don't know how long I sat there for, playing with her fucking face, before she finally stirred. I swear I couldn't breathe from the time she groaned until she finally opened those blue eyes of hers. 

"Hi," was all I could say. What the fuck was happening to me? Girls legitimately threw themselves at me, and I can't be smooth with my mate for one fucking second? 

She wrinkled her nose for a second as she looked around my room. I sniffed the air myself; was I a slob? I didn't think my room was that messy. 

"Ugh, it smells like her in here." Oh. I honestly couldn't smell it; Isabel's scent felt so familiar to me now. 

Then it hit me. Isabel. Oh shit. Was she mad at me for ignoring her earlier? Is it horrible that I don't really care? 

"Why am I in here?" She continued as she started to sit up. I immediately placed my hand on her shoulder, ignoring the sparks running up my arm at her touch. 

"Careful, you'll hurt yourself." 

She scoffed, lifting up her shirt and revealing her wound. It was now nothing but splatters of dry blood. "It's healed." 

I felt myself visibly relax. "Oh. That's good. That's really good," I rambled, also thinking why the fuck am I rambling? 

She cocked an eyebrow and threw the blankets off of her, revealing her long legs. Her toes were painted electric blue. "Yeah, you can keep fucking my cousin and not have to worry about feeling dead inside because your mate passed away." I couldn't see her eyes, but I could tell she was seething. My chest felt tight at her words. "Go celebrate, you're off the hook," she finished. 

I grabbed her wrist, stopping her from leaving the bed. "Savannah," I said lowly. It was the first time I'd called her by her name, and I couldn't help but love how her pulse quickened at the sound. "That's not how I feel. I'm really... Fuck, I'm really confused right now," I said. I hoped she saw it in my eyes that I was telling the truth. "Seeing you, lying there, I'd never felt anything like that before. It's so fucking confusing; I hardly know you, but right then I would've done anything, killed anyone, to protect you."

"It's called the mate bond, genius," she snapped, but I could see her eyes getting softer. She wasn't pulling away anymore. "And it only gets stronger." Oh, I knew. I couldn't even imagine it getting stronger, though. I knew I was a goner. I chuckled to myself; Keek was actually right. 

"But Isabel," I trailed off. I loved Isabel. I barely knew Savannah. We were mates, but I was in love. Or was I? I didn't even know anymore. It was all too fucking confusing. 

Savannah threw her hands up in the air and muttered under her breath, something like, 'Oh for the love of God.' Before I could ask what happened, she pressed her lips against mine. My shock immediately turned into a pleasure filled growl as I wound my arms around her waist, trailing my hands up her back. She sighed into me, only making me grasp her tighter. Oh shit, I was in heaven. I had died and gone to heaven. Yup, that's what happened. 

Suddenly, she pushed on my chest and pulled away, giving me a satisfied smirk. I wanted to kiss it off of her, amongst other things that caused a stir in my jeans. Was I pussy whipped or something already? 

"You think about that, before you try and tell me how much you feel for my cousin." 

And with a raise of an eyebrow, she sauntered off and slammed my bedroom door, leaving me with an open mouth, empty arms, and a surprise friend in my pants. 

___________________________________________________

HAHAHAH

This was fun to write. Hope you enjoyed!! Next chapter should be up soon; it will be regular POVs, just wanted to give a fun little bonus chapter for you guys!!

Let me know what you think. I love Savannah, she's fierce. Should I write more of Adrannah or keep it strictly Kionnor? Let me know in the comments!!

Please Vote/Comment/Fan and enjoy :)