Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Song of the chapter: 'The Fear' by Ben Howard

Picture of Isabel Cornwall (Adrian's "lovely" lady) on the side------>

Enjoy! 

Kiara POV

         Over the next week, having Connor in my life has become usual. Comfortable. The last couple have days have even been sort of routine. The first day of school was uneventful; I was a little nervous going to school at first, but happier now that I had Connor with me. I received more stares than usual, but people normally looked away as soon as they saw Connor's icy glare. I get the feeling that he's not very good with first impressions...

             I've gotten to know him really well over this past week. We continued talking that night until it was time for dinner, just about my childhood or how he went to an all human school. We talked about first girlfriends, first boyfriends, the first time we've ever gotten in trouble. Well, that last one was mainly singled out for me. Connor said that if he ever broke the rules he would surely regret it. I desperately wanted to ask about his past or why he's so against his wolf, but every time I would start to bring it up, he would change the subject. I've learned not to push him on it. 

          As for the hunter situation, they never showed up. I guess all of that hype was for nothing. My dad still hasn't let it go, though. 

          "Miss Everhart? We're waiting for your answer..." My head shot up. Shoot, did she ask me a question? Students around me turned in their desks. 

          "Um, the answer is 45?" I guessed. Everyone snickered. 

            Mrs. Weathers placed her hands on her hips. "Nice try, but this is World History. Stop daydreaming and pay attention next time." More laughs. 

          I mumbled out a "Whatever," and propped my elbows on the desk, resting my chin on my hands. I heard Adrian snort a laugh from beside me, and I turned around to face him. 

          "Yeah, yeah. Laugh all you want. Like you don't zone out once in a while?" I whispered fiercely. 

          He smirked. "You have the attention span of a squirell." 

          "I do not!" 

          "You do." 

          I crossed my arms. "Why don't you go text your 'flavor of the week' and leave me alone." Adrian chuckled and a genuine smile grew on his face. 

           "I don't think this one's a flavor, Keek. Isabel's really great." 

           I supressed the urge to gag. Saying Isabel Cornwall was great is like saying the sky turns yellow and rains skittles. It just doesn't make sense. "Are you willing to have a long distance relationship with her?" 

          "Kiara, she lives across town, not China. And besides, I think her family's going to move to our pack house next semester." 

             "Fabulous." Adrian must not have recognized my sarcastic tone, because he grinned once more and took out his cellphone. No doubt texting Isabel right now. 

             Twenty more minutes of boredom and the bell finally rang, singalling my freedom. Well, for lunch anyways. Shuffling my books in my hands, I rushed out the door and into the crowded hallway. 

After waiting in the cafeteria line for ten minutes, I paid for my slice of pizza and apple. The cashier gave me a smile, which I returned politely. I looked around the vast lunchroom for Connor. I finally saw him talking to a human boy, a senior maybe. He became friends with a lot of the humans, which was weird for a werewolf to do. Usually, we only kept to our own species. I don't mind, though. 

The Cost of LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara