Chapter 10

Double digits, yay! 

Chapter 10

Song of the chapter is "Sink or Swim" by Lewis Watson--- enjoy! 

Connor POV

         "My sources tell me that you two were expressing forms of provocative touching, and violated our   public displays of affection rule, am I right?" 

 I cross my arms, and narrow my eyes at the school principal. Mr... Something. I don't know his name. 

          "Mr. Hannigan." That's it. "We didn't mean for--" 

The dick principal cut her off. "Kiara, you made a scene in front of the entire cafeteria, I don't see much room for excuses." And what a scene it was. I actually think I'm still hard. I moved around in the wooden chair, trying to fix my 'problem' as best I could. Yep, definitely still hard. 

          Mr. Hannigan turns to face me. "And you, Mr. Kane? This isn't a very good first impression, I'm afraid." I must suck at first impressions then. Mr. Hannigan clasped his hands in front of him, and rested them on his desk. How the hell do we get out of this? 

"She had something stuck in her teeth. I could never let her be embarrassed in public." I shook my head in disbelief, like the thought of being humiliated was unheard of. Kiara lets out a cackle, then slaps her hand to her mouth to suppress the giggles. I was on the verge of smiling myself. I couldn't look at her, or I would for sure. 

 Mr. Hannigan, however, wasn't as impressed. "So you thought you would get the food out of her teeth." I nodded. "With your mouth." 

"Wouldn't you?" I ask. His eyes widen and he opens his mouth to speak. 

       "Of course not!" Kiara tilts her head to one side, making her look more innocent than she already is. "I mean, not that you're not a pretty girl! You are, but... I mean... It's completely impractical for a student and teacher..." I was about to burst into laughter. This guy's digging his own grave, here! 

After his painful stuttering, he sighs and rubs his temples with his fingers. "You may go," he says simply and points to the door. 

*************************

 "So, let me get this straight. You two were making out, very intensely may I add, in the cafeteria. And you only get charged with a warning?!" Adrian shouted as we walked across the school courtyard. School was finally over, and I was trying to look for Kiara. Adrian and I have our last period class together, so he usually walks out with me. I don't know why. 

          "I guess every new student gets one warning." Or I just humiliated the principal. Same thing, really. I still can't believe I talked back to that guy. If I gave Saxton so much as a raised eyebrow... 

Stop, Connor. I shook my head. I can't keep thinking about Saxton or the plan until I'm alone, or I'll keep feeling like a dick. 

          Adrian winks at a couple girls walking beside us. I narrow my eyes questioningly. Doesn't he have some slutty girlfriend? At the description Kiara's told me, his girlfriend doesn't seem like the type to let him flirt with other girls.  

"What?" He shrugs. "I gotta keep up the reputation."

           "Which is?"

"The friendly, flirty, son of the Beta, Adrian Jackson." I scoff out a laugh, and I notice his hands clench. Oh you don't like to be challenged, Beta? He stuffs his hands in his pockets and I try not to punch him. "Hey, this is high school. Everyone's got a reputation. Even you."