Chapter 19

HI OMG HERE'S CHAPTER 19 FINALLY WOOO

Song of the chapter is "Let it Go" by James Bay

Enjoy :)

Chapter 19

Connor POV

I looked around frantically, praying that there weren't any creeping eyes coming from the pack house. Then I tackled Nick to the ground. 

"What- agh!" he cried as I punched him over and over. He tried blocking my hits with his forearms but I flung them away with ease. "Stop!" he said. "Do you want someone to see us?" 

That stopped me, luckily for him. I pulled him to his feet, and before he could even brush off the dirt I was dragging him into the woods, deep enough so we wouldn't be heard. 

"What," I seethed, "The hell are you planning over there?" I was snarling with rage, and I had to close my eyes and take a few breaths or I'd shift. 

Nick spit some of his blood on the ground, then looked up at me with angry eyes. I couldn't care less. Asshole. "We're speeding things up."

"Why? I have until February, don't I?" The thought made me want to puke. 

Nick sighed. "I'm doing this for your own good, trust me." 

I tackled Nick again. I was punching him, blind with rage. "My own good? You did this? What the hell is wrong with you?" I screamed between each punch. Kiara's face, her eyes widened with fear, entered my mind at the thought of her father telling everyone they've been threatened. It made me punch harder. 

"You're in love with her!" Nick cried, covering his face with his arms. He knew he couldn't fight me back when I was like this. He sat up when he noticed I was shocked still. "You're in love with her," he continued. "Don't think I haven't done my wolf homework. If you two are actually mates, that means you'll fall in love with her quickly as fuck." He pushed me off of him, and I stumbled, still shocked from his outburst. "You've already been there for like three months, and in wolf time that means you're in love with her." 

"I'm," My breathing started to come out in pants. "I'm not-" 

"You are, Lover Boy. I'm just trying to make everything easier for you before you fall too hard." 

I was quiet for a moment. Part of me knew he was right; if I let this go on for too long I wouldn't be able to go through with it. Hell, I didn't think I could go through with it now. I should just let Nick and the hunters do their thing quickly before I get so attached that it breaks me. But the other part of me, the one that already knew I was attached as ever, needed more time. 

"You can't do anything yet," I finally said. 

"And why is that?" he asked with a teasing smile. I wanted to rip it off. 

I grit my teeth. "I'm not close enough to the Alpha yet. I might have Kiara, but James is still wary around me." 

Nick thought about this for a second. "Fine," he said after much hesitation. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, but willed my face to remain emotionless. "But hurry the fuck up before your weird ass wolf emotions get in the way." 

Kiara POV

After my father yelled at me for missing dinner and I quote, 'giving my mother a near heart attack,' I walked outside his office to find Connor leaning against the wall. He looked pretty deep in thought, his eyes narrowed and jaw tensed. I didn't think he even saw me coming up to him. 

When I snaked my arms around his waist, he jerked, then relaxed into me and grabbed my hands. Confused, I looked into his green eyes. They were hard, and I almost stomped my foot in frustration. Why did this keep happening? It wasn't like I was going anywhere, but I just wanted to be able to help him. If only he told me what was going on in that tortured head of his.