Chapter 5

Here's Chapter five! Enjoy!

(The video on the side is a video of the person who portrays Kiara. I think it describes her bubbly/kid-like personality well ----------------->) 

Kiara POV

My alarm clock blared for the twentieth time, making me groan in frustration. It had been going off for about ten minutes now, but I refused to get out of bed to turn it off. I was hoping that somehow it would shut off magically by itself. Yeah, I definitely was not a morning person. 

I rolled over, taking my cream colored duvet with me, and let out a surprised yelp as I fell off the bed. I sat up, inspecting my now red knee. I pouted; that was going to turn into a bruise. I untangled myself from the blankets, and shut off the alarm. 4:30. That's what time I had to wake up to make sure I was at the training fields just before sunrise. I changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top, bringing an extra of both to change into after we were done with the training. I flicked on the lights to my bathroom, rolling my eyes at my appearance. My eyes were blearing red from sleepiness, and my hair was matted on my face. I ran a brush through it a couple times to untangle the knots, and washed my face with some cold water to clear my complexion. That should do it. 

As quietly as I could, I opened the door to my room and walked out, aware of the fact that everyone in the pack house was still fast asleep. I think I was the only person crazy enough to be awake at this hour. 

I trudged outside to the training fields, where I saw Connor facing the sunrise with his hands stuffed in the pockets of his shorts. I looked past him to see the faint glow of the rising sun. I stopped in my tracks, taking a minute to look at the pink and orange sky. I guess I had never been up this early to witness it. It was beautiful. The view of Connor standing in the tall grass with the colorful sunrise surrounding him was almost too good to be true. 

"You ready?" I jumped. Connor was now facing towards me, his face was the most relaxed since I've seen him. He was looking at me lazily, however, his mouth was still set in a stern expression. How long has he been here? 

"Ready as I'll ever be…" I said with a pout. 

"C'mon, I'll go easy on you." he said, his voice smooth as velvet. The corners of his mouth turned up, and he smiled a dazzling smile, making my heart flutter. It was even more wonderful than I had thought it would be. My nerves melted away under his green-eyed gaze. 

I guess I was staring at him weirdly, because the smile instantly dropped from his face. 

"What are you doing?" He asked, seeming genuinely confused.    

"I… Um- I…" I rambled. "It's just the first time I've seen you look happy, that's all." 

"Oh." He shrugged, running a hand through his light brown hair. I bit my lip to conceal my grin. I can't believe he actually smiled! "Let's get started, yeah?" he asked. I nodded, setting my bag down by a bed of flowers. 

I placed my hands on my hips. "So, what first?" I asked. 

"Shift." 

"Don't you need to shift, too?" I questioned. How will I train with just myself? 

Connor closed his eyes, as if horrified by my question. "No," he responded. I should have left it at that. But my curiosity got the best of me. 

"Why not?"   

"I don't like to," he said simply. What? How could a werewolf not like shifting? That was like a monkey not liking to climb trees, or bananas, or whatever monkeys do!