Chapter 29

Hello!! Another chapter for you babes :). Next one should be up shortly!

Song of the chapter is "Losing U" by Klingande

Here's a picture of Kiara, since I gave you one of Connor last chapter

Enjoy! xx

Chapter 29

Connor POV

"I'm Connor," I nodded at the couple. 

The guy gave me a once over as he tightened his grip on his mate. She looked pretty small, with light brown hair that tangled around her face similar to the way Kiara's seemed to. Her icy blue eyes were smoldering as she zeroed in on me in a warm, friendly way. She was good looking, sure. But she wasn't Kiara. 

Just thinking about how I'd almost lost the most important person in my life made my chest fucking burn. I thought I'd truly never see her again, as I ran away with her look of fear ingrained in my mind. I saw that same look every time I closed my eyes. I unconsciously tightened my hold on her, causing her to lace her fingers with mine tightly, as if noticing my desperation. She was so understanding, looking up at me with her wide, grey eyes as the story kept pouring out of me. It was so relieving to finally tell her the truth, that I couldn't seem to stop myself from revealing everything at once. 

She turned to face me, her teeth capturing her slightly swollen lip. It was still red from kissing, and I loved it. The mark on her neck was red as well, a reminder that she was mine. She looked fucking beautiful. Angelic. I swore I'd never let her go again. 

"Connor?" 

"Huh?" I snapped my head up to look at the couple. They chuckled softly, and the guy, Nate I think, gave me a familiar smirk of someone who knows what it's like to get lost in the sheer beauty of his mate. 

Kiara giggled and squeezed my hand again. "I said, Riley and Nate want to know if we need a place to stay tonight," she said. 

I couldn't stop looking at her. I felt like a fucking stalker, or something. But the thought that I almost lost her for good made something deep inside me howl with agony. I cleared my throat. "Oh, uh, yeah. That'd be great." I offered a sheepish smile to the two. 

Then realization hit me. 

I turned to Kiara and gripped her shoulders. "Kiara," I said lowly. "Your dad knows you're here, right?"