Part 16: Dad, I'm Sorry.

A/N: Hi there my dear lovely readers. I think I've rested for quite a long time. And, I'm sorry for those who keep looking forward to reading my novels. I sincerely apologize for not updating the new novel for the past few months.

As usual, forgive me for any grammatical errors. And, I hope that my dear lovely readers will keep on supporting me and this new novel.

Happy reading :)
......................

[Ayden POV]

(Flashback)

"Ayden... thanks for treating me. Remind me later to return the favor, okay." Said Liam, right after we both walked out of the restaurant.

I plastered a smile.

"The favor belongs to Mr. Hudson Lockhart who was the one demanding me to treat you to a lunch." I snickered.

He just laughed it off.

"Then, excuse me," I said.

However, just before I lifted my feet from that place, he grabbed my right arm. It made me turned my face facing him again.

"Ayden..." He called my name softly.

It indeed surprised me. I replied nothing and just waiting for his next words.

"The thing that I said before, about marrying you. I really do mean it. If that is the only way to stop you from the pain." He said while staring deep into my soul.

And, I knew he wasn't joking this time.

I was left with no word to utter or reply to him. Speechless caught me.

He let go of my arm before said, "I didn't know what you have been through, but that night I can see clearly... you're enduring a lot, from the pain. So, please let me help you."

"Thanks for your consideration. But, I don't think marrying a stranger will make it any better. So, please forget everything that I had said that night. I will excuse myself, first."

With that being said, I disappeared into the car and drove down the road.

(End of Flashback)

"Are you okay, Ayden?" Asked McKellen who was sitting next to me in the car; being my driver for that evening.

I guessed he noticed that I have been spacing out.

As usual, I would look at him and put a smile of ease. "I'm good."

"Alright then." He didn't ask further this time, he just satisfied with the answer I gave to him. Maybe, he doesn't want to drag the time. Since I already late for dinner.

"So, here we are." He continues.

I looked out of the car window and gazed at the huge house which belongs to my family before I got out of the car.

For the first time in my life, I felt this freaking nervous about coming to a family dinner.

Even tho it wasn't a dinner to celebrate me, but Anne...still I have to take this opportunity to talk to my family about the decision I had made regarding my wedding.

Especially to dad.

Wait, this wasn't the first time...it was the second actually because the first time was during the time I wanted to introduce Blue to my family.

"Ayden? What are you thinking? You've been silent, all the way." Asked McKellen who was walking next to me towards the main door of the house.

"I'm going to tell them, tonight. At dinner."