Part 19: What is this feeling?

Dear lovely readers, I would like to express my deepest apology for keeping this novel on hold for a few months.

I really don't have time to update it. And lots of things happen, which I had to put it on hold for awhile.

But, worry not. I will try my best to keep it updated. Please keep on supporting me.

Thanks and love you all 💕

........................

[Liam POV]

-A few days before Ayden’s father got admitted-

I was drinking alone at my usual table thinking about him. This one person had infiltrated my mind since the first time I met him at the café. I was questioning myself the reason why I had him in my mind?

“Ayden… that name suits with his cute face.” I was talking to myself.

But then, a troublemaker appeared; which happened to be my close friend.

“There you are, my man. I’ve been searching for you. You didn’t even reply or pick up my call. What’s wrong, dude?” He’s been running his mouth non-stop. That’s just how he is.

“I left my phone at home. That’s why you can’t reach me.” I answered plainly.

“I see… nevermind, then. Since I’m here and our big player is here… let’s enjoy the night.” He said and sat closer to me before he whispered, “I had chosen a few great goods for tonight. All you have to do is choose which one that pleases you, okay.”

I spoke nothing just gulping down my drink and waited to see the ‘great goods’ that he mentioned just now.

Then, he clapped his hands couple of times to give a sign for the girls to come up towards our table and formed a line in front of us.

“See, bro. I only choose the best for you. Come on pick any one or two that you like.”

Without any doubt; all of these chicks are beautiful, hot and sexy. Back then, I was thrilled and excited to see them and play all night long with them.

But, not tonight.

I don’t have mood for that. None of them can lighten up my mood just like Ayden did.

“Hey, bro. What are you waiting for? Or do you have difficulty in choosing any of them? Never mind let me help.”

“Not tonight, Bruce. I just want to chill and drink by myself.” I told my friend.

Bruce was taken by surprise upon listening to me saying that.

“Are-are you sure, bro?”

I shifted my face looking at him and said, “Yes, I am. Please send them back.”

“Okay-okay. I will.” He responded to me before he asked the girls to go back inside.

And then, the questions begin to bombard on me. Like I said just now, this guy just loves to talk non-stop.

“What’s wrong with you, dude? Did you drink a lot? Or did you have troubles? Or there’s someone messing with you? Or did you argue with your father? You never acted like this before… You’re Liam; The Charming Player…you never say no to the chicks before. What’s wrong with you tonight?”

“Are you done?” I asked him.

“Huh?”

I handed him a glass of water. “Here, drink this. You seem out of breath for running out your mouth overly.”

He seems annoyed but still taking the glass from my hand and gulped it down hastily.

“If you can still pull such a cheap joke that means you’re fine.” He said.