Part 20: Make up Stories

A/N: Hi there my dear lovely readers. I think I've rested for quite a long time. And, I'm sorry for those who keep looking forward to reading my novels. I sincerely apologize for not updating the new novel for the past few months.

As usual, forgive me for any grammatical errors. And, I hope that my dear lovely readers will keep on supporting me and this new novel.

Happy reading :)
.....................................

[Ayden POV]

“Ayden! Stop it!” Said mother with a stern voice.

I asked her back, “Stop what, mother?” I played clueless.

“Stop this absurd thing that you’re trying to do. Aren’t you had enough? Look at your dad current condition. Do you think this is the right time for this?”

I remained silent for a moment and looked around the room. Looking at every single faces that occupied the room and they were staring at me.

Should I listen to mother or continue this crazy plan B?

I was calculating in my mind for that mere second.

“Camila…just let him explain himself. I want to hear his explanation.” Said Dad out of the silence.

A small smile was tugged at the corner of my lips, because Dad still gives me a chance to explain myself.

“Thanks, Dad for still giving me a chance.” I neared my dad who was lying helplessly on the hospital bed. “I’m sorry, Dad. This all happened because of me. And, I will redeem my mistake…and I promise to never let you down anymore. This marriage will take part on the exact date as stated on the invitation card.”

Apparently, my dad was smiling upon listening to it.

“Ayden…marriage is not something you can joke around with. It is a sacred tie that you share with your other half. You must think wisely before making a decision. This is the same thing I told you about when you came to me and said that you’re getting married to Blue. But, look what had happened now?”

Dad’s words do hit the nail.

“The thing between Blue and me was never a mistake, Dad. Its just-it’s just that we’re meeting at the wrong time…and we just realized that. As the date for the D-day approaching, the time we spend for each other getting lesser day by day. Both of us were too busy with our career, to the point we can’t even sit and discuss about our wedding preparation. We just let others handled and decided for us. And, when we thought about it… this wasn’t right at all.” I put a pause to let out some carbon dioxide and breathe in a clean air.

There's this tightening in my chest when I recalled about it.

“Is that the only reason why both of you cancelling the wedding?” Asked Anne who had been listening from the beginning.

Everyone in the room turning their focus on Anne, including me.

Oh! Sh*t! Anne!! Why would you asked such question? Of course there’s another big reason, which is the cheating episode.

But, how could I say that towards Dad. If Dad knows that Blue was cheating on me, I’m sure he will take some actions. Worst cases, Dad might try to ruin Blue’s career.

It is something that I wouldn’t want to happen. Besides, both of us had agreed on breaking up in a good way. So, I don’t want to cause a scene and make this matter worse than it already is.

“Ayden, why you didn’t answer to your sister’s question?” Asked Dad when I went silence.

“Urm-mm…actually, there’s another reason that I would like to keep it between Blue and me. I hope everyone can understand that.” I make a cheap excuse which I hope it will work on them.