Part 12: Cancellation

A/N: Hi there my dear lovely readers. I think I've rested for quite a long time. And, I'm sorry for those who keep looking forward to reading my novels. I sincerely apologize for not updating the new novel for the past few months.

As usual, forgive me for any grammatical errors. And, I hope that my dear lovely readers will keep on supporting me and this new novel. 

Happy reading :)
........................

[Ayden POV]

After Liam left my table, there's another guy came approaching me. But, this one is no stranger. He is someone that I would ask to sit with me without him offering himself to take a seat.

"Oh! Eli. Are you done with your briefing?"

He was gasping for a breath, before handing out his phone right in front of my face.

"Why you giving me your phone?" I asked being confused.

"Your mother wants to talk to you. She said she couldn't reach you by your phone."

"Oh, yeah! That's because I left my phone in the office." I put a pause before continue asking for a question.

"Did she tell you why?"

McKellen shook his head, "No. She didn't tell me why. But she sounds urgent."

"Urgent?" I was being calculating the possible matters.

Meanwhile, McKellen left my side to go order for a drink and I proceeded to call for my mother.

She picked up the call at first ring. I'm sure she was waiting for my call.

"Hi, mother."

"Yes, Ayden." She replied warily.

And then, I knew there's really something wrong. But, I don't know what is it.

"You know what, son. This morning I feel so excited. I woke up early in the morning and got myself dressed...just to go and watch my one and only son in his wedding suit. But, all I got is a disappointment."

Oh! Sh*t!!

No, I didn't curse at my mom, but at myself.

Then, I know what this is all about. What is the thing that my mom upset at.

Today should be the day of fitting for the wedding suit. But, of course I got McKellen cancelled it already.

"Mother...I can explain." I said slowly and gently.

"Yeah, of course you should explain it. But, I wonder who is the best tailor other than Juan Carlos?"

"Huh?"

"I mean, you cancel the order from Juan because you found another tailor better than him, right?"

Oh god!! She totally understand other way round. She thought that I changed tailor, when the fact is I changed to not continue with the wedding anymore.

How should I tell her about it?

"Ayden? So who is it? And, when is the fitting date?"

"Umm...mother?" I was hesitating and having thousands of butterflies were flying in my stomach.

"What is it, son?"

"The truth is...I wasn't having the tailor changed. It is just that...the thing between me and Blue doesn't work out well."

"What do you mean?"

"I broke up with him." Finally, I let the big lump out of my throat.

"What?!! Why did you broke up with him when the wedding just around the corner?" She sounds upset.