Part 23: Finding solution

As I read back the previous chapter, I checked on the date of my last update. It was 10 months ago😅

I even need to re-read the whole chapter to understand the story.

I'm sorry for not updating. Life as a grownup kind of exhausting. Every day is just about earning some money.
Thus, I could not manage to make some time to write anymore 🥲🥲
Sorry for ranting about my life.

I hope this novel will get support too.

Happy reading :))

..,..................

[Blue POV]

"Morning, Shaw." I greeted the Head of the Artist Development Team, when I met him at his office, this morning.

I didn't go alone tho, there were my bandmates; Simon, Royce and TK, and also our band manager, Mark, coming along with me.

"Morning, guys. How are you guys doing? Getting excited about the album release, huh?" Shaw greeted us warmly with a smile plastered on his lips.

However, each one of us didn't respond to any questions of his. We only stood there with our gaze lowered down staring onto the floor.

"So, what's happening here? Did I miss something?" Shaw asked getting nervous after seeing our reaction.

Mark was the one who tried to break the ice. "Actually, Shaw..."

"I was the reason why we came here today." I decided to speak up because this happened because of me and of course, I need to take responsibility for this matter.

"Alright! Just spill it out. I don't have all day... I still need to attend another event after this." Shaw replied with a long sigh; probably because we were dragging his time.

"I want to talk about my wedding, which is related to the album release."

Just before I continued with my explanation, Shaw cut it through, "Oh! So, you're worried about your wedding day clashed with the album release date? But, I thought I had informed Mark earlier about this matter, that the album will be released two weeks after your wedding. Mark, you didn't inform them about it?"

"No! Shaw, that's not the issue, here. And, we have been well informed about that matter. The thing that concerns us right now is...my wedding got cancelled. No! Actually, I had cancelled my wedding." I told the whole truth in just a breath.

And, all of us were staring at Shaw just to see his reaction to this eminent matter. Unsurprisingly, his eyes rounded and his mouth formed a gap. He was shocked, indeed.

Later on, there's a loud, scoff laugh from Shaw, which makes us puzzlement.

"Oh! Come on, guys...couldn't you guys come out with a better idea to prank me? But, honestly, for a second I thought it was real."

"Shaw! This is not some stupid joke. Why would we make up a serious matter like this?" TK spoke out with seriousness in his voice.

In a split second, Shaw's laugh was depleted. He took turns looking at each of our faces.

None of us were laughing together with him, and that just snapped him out.

"So, you're telling the truth, Blue?" Shaw asked again for conformation.

"Yes, Shaw. I had cancelled the wedding." I replied.

And, right after I said 'Yes', he stood up from his leather seat and slapped hard the table, which caused all of us to jolt up because the sound echoed over the room.