Part 15: Meeting Him Again

A/N: Hi there my dear lovely readers. I think I've rested for quite a long time. And, I'm sorry for those who keep looking forward to reading my novels. I sincerely apologize for not updating the new novel for the past few months.

As usual, forgive me for any grammatical errors. And, I hope that my dear lovely readers will keep on supporting me and this new novel.

Happy reading :)
........................

[Ayden POV]

After I brushed up my teeth and washed my face, I put on my suit, tighten the tie and properly wore my shoes before rushing towards my car. Worst case was, I forgot the car key. And, I had to waste much time to run back into the apartment to grab for the key.

"Sh*t! I'm gonna late for the meeting. The worst is, I'm not gonna make it at all." I mumbled on my way to the office.

I couldn't do anything without that guy; without Eli McKallen. Then, if one day he got married to Nancy, what would happen to me? Should I find his replacement? But, I don't think I can find anyone as good as him.

Sighed~

This thing never crossed my mind before, because I thought I would be the one who left him first after I got married with Blue. But, now... it's seems like my plan doesn't go along as planned. Perhaps, I will never get married.

Is it still too early to say that? I'm only 25 years old. It is still not too late to hunt for love. And, I'm saying as if I can't get any guy better than Blue. That's same as saying I'm not good enough for any other guy. Duhh~ you can forget him, Ayden. Of course, you can find a guy 100x hotter and better than that bastard.

This is just me, calculating my fate on my way to the office. Eventho, I am fully aware of the important meeting that I had missed this morning and the consequences that I had to face for not attending it.

As I parked the car, I rushed as fast as I can into the elevator and went straight to 11th floor. I bumped into my father, once I stepped out from the elevator. He was talking to Charles, one of my father friends and also business partner.

"Good morning, dad. Morning, Charles." I greeted them politely and trying to catch some breath.

"You already missed the morning, young man. It is already, passed twelve." Answered Charles, with a little chuckle.

I know he was trying to be funny, just to lessen the tense, because my father who was standing next to him was ready to eat me alive here and there.

His brows knitted to one another and the eyes were anchored into my ball eyes.

"I'm sorry, sir. I overslept." I explained myself. Yes, I need to address him formally when we are at work. It is a must to maintain the professionalism.

"Where's McKellen? Isn't he the one who always remind you about the meeting?"Asked my father with a stern voice.

I gulped my saliva, hardly. My father didn't know that I've given my approval for Eli to dismiss from his work for 3 days. Usually, my father was the one who would grant the leave. But, since his girlfriend, Nancy came back short notice, there's nothing can be done, other than having me to cover his back.

Because, as my bodyguard, Dad would want him to stay by my side 24/7. He never leaves my side ever since he was assigned to take care of me. If he was on leave, Dad would assign someone else to guard me.

This policy doesn't only apply to me alone. My dad had used it to all of my siblings, including my mother. But, among others he is stricter towards me. He became overly protective like this after that horrid incidence.