Part 17: Coffee

A/N: Hi there my dear lovely readers. I think I've rested for quite a long time. And, I'm sorry for those who keep looking forward to reading my novels. I sincerely apologize for not updating the new novel for the past few months.

As usual, forgive me for any grammatical errors. And, I hope that my dear lovely readers will keep on supporting me and this new novel.

Happy reading :)
................

[Ayden POV]

Dad had been admitted into the ER (emergency room) and all of us were waiting patiently and nervously outside of the room.

Half an hour had passed, we still didn't know how is dad current condition.

I kept praying to god in my heart for his safety. Since that's the only thing I capable of doing at that time.

"You should listen to me. If you did listen to what I asked you to do, this thing wouldn't happen!" Said mother who was standing across to me while gritting her teeth, but she didn't even look at me.

Is she that mad at me?

I was left with no word to respond. Truth hit me so damn hurt. She was right after all, it is my fault.

After a minute, I gathered some of courage to say an apology. With the tears spilled out of my eyes and trembling lips, I said, " I'm sorry. I'm sorry for all the trouble that I had caused."

"What's the use of apologize now?" Replied mother whilst wiping off the tears from her cheeks.

Anne who had been noticing the cold atmosphere between me and mother tried to interfere and calming down the heat.

"This is not the time to point the blame at one another. This it the time we should get together and pray for dad safety...not bickering like this!" Said Anne wanting to inject our minds with a sense.

Then, I lowered my gaze and began to chant, "I'm sorry." Over and over.

To my surprised, out of sudden a warmth wrapped around my body. When I lifted up my face, I only saw the back of that person. Since that person was embracing me from the front.

And that warmth belongs to Camila Lockhart; my mother.

"Mother?"

Without saying a word, she just kept me in her embrace and pat on my back gently.

Despite of her cold and strict attitude, deep down inside I knew she loves her children so much. And, I also knew she never meant everything she had said just now. It is just something that emerged from worries and fear of losing the love of her life.

This cause me to cry even more.

Later on, Anne and Amy also join the hug.

Family hug.
.........................

40 minutes had passed but there was no news about dad condition yet.

However, a minute after the physician which was wearing in a set of blue scrubs walked out of the ER room.

All of us gathered around him and were so curious of listening to him about dad.

"Mr Lockhart is saved."

That short statement brought a million of happiness to all of us. I felt like I'm capable of breathing smoothly after hearing to that.

"Thank god!" Said mother.

"But for now, I cannot let anyone to meet him yet. He needs to rest well. Perhaps tomorrow you can come again and visit him."

"Okay, doc. Thank you so much, doc." Said Anne on behalf all of us.