Part 24: Sudden change

Hello dear lovely readers, firstly, I would like to apologize for the late updates.

Please do leave a comment on whether you still want to read the next part or not.

Happy reading;)
.........................

[Ayden POV]

In the middle my discussion with Eli, there's a notification pop-up on my phone's lock screen.

I checked the sender id and it's written 'Mother'.

Instantly, I clicked on the message and read it through.

Sender: Mother
Your dad will be discharged today. If you want to see him, just come home.

"Mother sent me a message... telling me that dad will be discharged today," I informed Eli.

"That's good news. Then, are you going to see him at the hospital?" Eli asked.

"Mother said, no need to go to the hospital. Just come see him at home."

"Does that mean, madam want you home?" Eli asked further.

"Perhaps. She might want to discuss more about the wedding. I think it should be a good chance for me to tell her about the press conference." I answered.

"Yeah! I also think madam should be informed beforehand about it, before she finds out from the press." Eli agreed with me.

In the meantime, both of us changed our sight in unison towards the door, when we heard it was being pushed open from the outside.

"Hello! Hello! Is there anyone missing me?!" Liam greeted as he walked in.

For the first time, I was happy to see Liam appear before me.

I need him to become a distraction for dad when we visited the mansion later. Because, I've got to discuss about this matter with mother. I need to know whether my mother would agree with my decision to appear in the press conference or not.

Besides, I've never brought Liam home yet. I guessed this was the chance to do so.

"I think I need him to become a distraction for dad," I mumbled under my breath which was loud enough for Eli to listen to.

"Yeah! I second you on this matter." Eli agreed with me, which I found it quite amusing because for the first time Eli ever said 'Yes', with the matter that involved Liam.

I just put on a smirk.

"Hello?! Are you guys okay? Is there's something bad happened? Why are you guys looking so serious?" Liam asked when either Eli or I responding to his 'Hello'.

Since, I'm going to use him as a bait to distract my dad, I need to treat him better, am I right?

I plastered a smile at him and said, "Oh! Liam...please takes a seat. Is there anything that you want to talk to me? If you do...do you want Eli to wait outside beforehand? So that we could comfortably talk to one another?" I said with a cheery voice.

Of course, Liam would find it weird for my sudden change but, luckily he just played it along with me without questioning 'why'.

"Umm...I came to ask you out for a lunch." He answered it short while taking a seat on the sofa next to me.

"Oh! Lunch! Is it already lunch hour? Yes, let's go have lunch together. Just choose any restaurant that you like, it will be my treat." I decided to pamper him today (of course to accomplish my hidden agenda).

Liam looks delighted when he heard it. "Are you sure that you want to treat me for lunch? And I can even choose any restaurant?" He asked for confirmation with a cheery voice.