Part 22: A lunch treat

Hello dear lovely readers, firstly, I would like to apologize for the late updates.

It was due to a lack of enthusiasm to continue with the novel because I thought nobody was interested in it.

However, after encountering a message from my reader asking me to update the next part of this novel. It boosts my spirit to continue writing the next part.

So, here it is.

Please do leave a comment on whether you still want to read the next part or not.

Happy reading;)
..............................

[ Ayden POV ]

Throughout the whole week, I have kept myself busy with work. I even do overtime, so that I could go home just to sleep and then, wake up tomorrow morning just to go to work, and then, the cycle continues.

The sole reason why I did this is because I want to stop thinking about him.

Yes, about my ex. Indeed, I was desperate to move on.

Sometimes, I would take a peek at my phone. Hoping to receive a call or even a short message from him.

No! I'm no longer talking about my ex. I'm talking about the other guy. Yes! That soon-to-be husband, William Braun.

After the argument he had with Eli or to be exact, the time when I told him off about his true position in my life; he no longer contacts me.

Is he mad at me? Or, is he too busy?

What if he cancels the contract and refuses to continue with the marriage?! That would be the end of my life!!

Then, I should call him and ask for an apology. Yes! That's the right thing to do.

Just at that time, I get a hold of my phone to call for Liam, there's someone barging into my office with a cheery voice.

"Hello! Hello! My dear brother."

"Anne?!" I was surprised by her sudden presence.

She was smiling broadly while standing in front of my desk, wearing an esthetics casual outfit that scream a writer.

She was wearing a turtle neck top in beige color and a blazer on top of it matched with a light brown short-checkered skirt.

"Honestly, I was surprised." I chortled.

She was chuckling at my statement. "That's good to know."

"So, are you coming to visit your new workplace?" I insinuated.

"Hell no! Aah-never. Not even in your dream, Ayden." She was being affirmative in her decision, that she would never work in this company.

I already know it full well, because Anne is a person that sticks to her words. Once she decides on something, no one or nothing could change it.

A laugh escaped my mouth atop of seeing her reaction to my jokes.

"Actually, I want to ask you out for lunch." Finally, she stated her reasoning.

"That's lovely. I would love to...only if it is your treat."

"Of course! It is my treat. And, please invite Eli too."

"Okay. Give me a moment to call him. Why don't you take a seat in the meantime." I ushered her towards the sofa while I tried to reach Eli.

It only takes one-second beep for my call to be answered by him.