Chapter 49

Reina stretches her limbs with a smile on her face as Frankenstein's calm sleeping form lays beside her.

You wouldn't think that this is the same man who has that dark and frightening aura around him. Speaking of which, that aura seems to dislike her since it retracts whenever she's around. It may have been because of her power to completely obliterate it without harming Frankenstein because Frankenstein said that the Dark Spear likes almost everyone.

It's been days after the failed Lukedonia invasion and Reina almost slept for a good few days. Frankenstein is obviously well-rested, worrylines on his forehead are gone and he looks extremely well.

"Hey, handsome." Reina teases when he stirred awake.

"Hey, gorgeous." He grins before pulling her towards him. Hugging her tightly, never wanting to let go.

"We have to get up, I have classes today!" Reina giggles when she failed to get out of his hug. Instead of letting her go, Frankenstein hugs her tighter before raining her face with kisses.

"I was so scared, Reina." He murmurs against her lips, his eyes closed.

"I'm sorry." Reina frowns after pulling away, her hands on either side of his face.

"Next time, if something like that happens again, please tell me even if through our bond. Give me anything before disappearing."

It seems like her disappearance had caused a slight trauma to him.

'Okay...' She smiles before kissing him.

~~~

Frankenstein looks outside of the glass window of his office while Tao relays his report.

"Internally, the Union seems pretty busy, but they are not showing any external activity. Crombell is the same way, there are no activities to report regarding him. We are currently using this as a chance to prepare to manage an even greater area centered around the school and the house."

Frankenstein turns to look at them...

"We have to prepare for anything coming our way. Crombell might know the existence of Master and Reina. The werewolves too. We can never let our guard down."

They nodded their head with pure determination. They would do anything to protect the lives they built here.

~~~

Tao, Takio, and M-21 are patrolling the surrounding of the school when M-21 sense familiar auras from afar.

"M-21?" Tao raises his eyebrows when he noticed that M-21 is no longer behind him.

"Maybe he sensed trouble?" Takio frowns before looking at Tao who is in deep thought.

"It is safer to follow him for now. We'll engage if he can't handle it." The two follow M-21's aura which brought them to a rooftop of a building where Yuri, Dr. Aris, and the person who looked like M-24 are.

"It does not even surprise me anymore to see that Shinwu is in trouble again." Tao shakes his head while watching Shinwu beat the students twice his size, not minding the three. The kid really is talented physically.

"How is the saying goes..? Ah! Let bygones be bygones."

"Tao, I don't think... that's how you use that saying--"

"Anyway! Let's follow where M-21 and the others are. Shinwu can take care of himself." Tao whistles before leaping off, following M-21's aura again.