Chapter 11

HER SLEEP

Erga Kenesis Di Reina

I took a small bite into the fruit that I've been holding as I continue to walk towards Raizel's mansion. Its been years since I visited that place, the classes that we nobles took are such a nuisance. It is good that the Clan Leaders are busy that is why a normal noble showed up, it is easier to skip the lessons that way.

Why is this mansion too far away?! I can just leap towards it but this is the most freedom I had for a while and I want to cherish it for now.

"Princess Reina."

"G-Gradeus!" startled, I slightly jumped back away from him.

"I am on break! I promise! You see, my mentor told me it is--"

"It is fine, Princess. I am not here to discipline you." he smiled. I heaved a sigh of relief and tried to fix my composure.

"Then, why are you here for?"

"Some of the Clan Leaders have something prepared for you." My fixed composure was once again ruined.

"Really?! A gift?!" I giggle as I thought about it. The Clan Leaders would not prepare anything silly but let's see.

"It's far so we have to leap through there." he explained then leapt without telling me the direction. I had no choice but to follow him and since he was moving too fast I cannot ask any question.

With our pace, we covered a lot of distance in a matter of seconds but Gradeus don't seem to plan on stopping soon.

How far is that place?! I tried to take a glimpse of the castle or the mansion but both are out of my sight anymore. This is strange.

"Gradeus! Why is it so far?!" I tried to shout at him however the distance and the wind muffled my voice. But I am sure that he can hear it perfectly fine, is he ignoring me?

I decided to take in our surroundings. The luscious forest that covers the land of Lukedonia is as green as ever. The trees bear fruits while the flowers are dancing with the wind. The animals are living a peaceful life unaware of the predators that just passed them. We would never harm any living thing for sports, it is in our morale and etiquette. We are nobles after all.

A few more minutes had passed until the shore of the island greet my line of sight. This indicates that we are at the end of our country. We came to a halt and settle on the fine sand of the shore. I scan the area however there's no trace of any Clan Leader.

"Where are they Gradeus?" I asked, a feeling of uneasiness starting to creep into my skin.

"Sorry Princess, a little bit more and we'll finally be there." he said and gave me an assuring smile. I bit my lip and turn to look back where we came from.

"Come on!" he said then leap through the waters, I decided to follow him and take the risk. Why should I worry? I am a princess after all and he is a Clan Leader, we are practically a family. We may have known each other for a short period and he and I sometimes have different view on things, but one cannot really betray the other. Betrayal shouldn't be in anyone's blood, it is not noble.

As a small island came to our view, Gradeus finally slows down and stopped where other Clan Leaders are waiting. There are five Clan Leaders waiting for us, all seemed to be engaged into a serious discussion. Ignes Kravei is also here, we are not really close to each other and one can say that we are just an acquaintance, the other knows the existence of the other, that is all.

"Princess" they all bow their heads as both of my feet touched the ground.

"What may be the occasion for today?" I asked extremely curious as to why there is a gathering that I was just informed recently.