Chapter 13

The weapon appears on Frankenstein's lifted hand along with its dark and frightening aura that sends nervous shivers on everyone's back.

The 12th Elder took a cautious step back, obviously threatened by Frankenstein's hidden power. He narrows his eyes and tries to gather enough courage.

'His power does not matter. I have my own power and the power that Sir Locktis has given me. I will not lose to no one.' He thought angrily as he stands with his trembling legs under Frankenstein's dangerous gaze.

"So Locktis was hiding in the Union?" Reina thought out loud. She slightly chuckles at the irony... Really, Locktis? The Union? This caught the attention of the 12th Elder.

'Just who are these people?'

"Did he went there after he betrayed all of us? Then I'm glad that you made a contract with him." Frankenstein's smirk turns to a sinister grin.

"Because it brought you to me."

"How do you all know Sir Locktis?!" The 12th Elder demanded to which Frankenstein just shrugged.

"It's nothing much... He's just someone that I have to kill."

"How dare you say that!" The 12th Elder shouted angrily. He cannot imagine how this man in front of him can simply declare that his contractor, a powerful man of noble blood, is his target. He gathers a great amount of energy and aims it directly to Frankenstein who in return reacts fast enough to counter the attack. Both of them was pushed back because of the force of collision, however, the 12th Elder was forced to fly since the Dark Spear released vine-like energies that swiftly targetted him. While airborne, the 12th Elder releases a focus fraction of his energy creating a laser-like weapon that strikes directly to Frankenstein who avoided the attack by leaping sideways. He swipes the Dark Spear which almost hit the Elder. The fight continues on and Frankenstein's demeanor keeps on getting darker and darker... crazier and crazier while the Elder realizes the growing gap on their powers. The Elder also notices the peculiar effects of his weapon, the wounds that he got from it are hurting than normal wounds should. Because of Frankenstein's nimble feet, scary demeanor and deranged smile, desperation is slowly crawling into his body. 

"You little bastard, how dare you dodge?!" The 12th Elder growled angrily. He gathers a great amount of his energy and release it to Frankenstein who is still standing on the ground. Frankenstein tried to counter the attack but he slightly underestimated the power of his opponent. The attack landed on him making a big explosion.

"D-Did it hit him?" Yonsu asked with a gritted teeth. If even the Chairman of Ye Ran Highschool cannot defeat the Elder then they are all dead.

"No one can survive an attack like that..."

Reina can feel it, Frankenstein's bloodlust is increasing each passing second and at this rate she knows that his deranged weapon will try to consume his soul. If he drowns in its darkness, Raizel will have no choice but to pull him out of it and it will take a huge amount of his life force. She cannot let that happen, she can never let him use his power ever again even if it means sacrificing herself.

"HOW WAS THAT?!" The 12th Elder laughs loudly, obviously thinking that Frankenstein is already dead and he won. Relief washes over him but it was quickly wiped away when vine-like energy spikes upwards attacking him. Since he is quite relieved he was not able to dodge Frankenstein's attack, causing him to crash on the rooftop of the building.

"You're actually not too bad." Frankenstein smirks, the darkness of the spear is slowly spreading in his whole being. He can feel it so he needs to end this if he doesn't want Raizel or Reina to use their powers.