Chapter 56

"Lunark, you're really not looking good. Seeing how calm you are, you must be even worse than you look." Frankenstein noticed the slight pant and the wounded state of the werewolf.

"Hmph. Spare me the speech and screw off." She scoffs.

"Now you're starting to act like your old self. It didn't suit you being so quiet just because you were hurt." Frankenstein nods in satisfaction at the lady's feistiness.

"Frankenstein. This woman helped me." M-21 inserted himself in the conversation.

"What?" 'What?' Reina narrows her eyes, why would M-21 say this? Is this important?

"If it weren't for this woman, I would already be dead. She got beaten like this because she was exhausted from protecting me."

Reina raises one of her eyebrows at M-21's statement. 'I thought she went off to look for her companion, Kentas?'

"There is no need to see me like that. I wasn't trying to help you guys. I simply did it because it suited the situation." Lunark tries to reason.

"Sure, fine. I didn't say anything about it. Still, I'm surprised that you saved one of our companions." Frankenstein nodded.

"She said to make sure I told you something." Reina immediately perks up at this. They are a few miles away from them but her sharp senses pick up everything from Frankenstein's point of view.

"What?"

"I'm not sure what it means but she really wanted me to tell you, Frankenstein. Is it a code or something? I feel like it must have some kind of hidden meaning--..."

"What the..." Reina curse under her breath making Raskreia smirks in amusement.

"Shut up bastard!" Lunark angrily shouted after throwing a rock at M-21's face.

"Huh...?" M-21 looks at the gushing blood on his forehead because of his new wound.

"Are you trying to get me killed? Why did I save you for...?" She shouted, blushing and trembling from anger and embarrassment.

"What do you think you're doing? First, you barged in on our land, and now you're ignoring us and having chitchat?!" The green werewolf angrily shouted at them.

"That woman has been so annoyed this whole time. What on earth is her problem?"

"What?!"

"A little while ago, we defeated a werewolf that looked exactly like that woman." Tao smirks while explaining.

"I see." Frankenstein laughs, seeing that she just lost her twin, she must be losing her mind.

"You arrogant bastard! I'm going to crush that smug face of yours!" The werewolf launches herself towards Frankenstein, her fist pulled back, ready to be released. Frankenstein is able to block her punch with one hand.

"Are you underestimating me for releasing such a pathetic attack?" He smirks at her. The werewolf grunt while glaring at him.

"So you're pretty strong too, huh? Still, do you think that your presence alone will change the outcome here?!" Frankenstein's smirk grew wide as he looks down on her.

"Alone?" The werewolf frown upon realizing something.

"Don't you know how to count...?" That's when they all noticed the nobles standing from a few miles away from them, watching them in silence with their auras hidden from their senses.

"When did they all get here...?" She asked in alarm upon seeing them. 

Lunark immediately looks at Reina who is already glaring at her, the wounded werewolf unconsciously gulps out of fear.