Chapter 32

"Master... are you alright?" Frankenstein asks Raizel who looks sadder than usual. Raizel turns to Reina who is obviously worried for him.

"I'm sorry, Raizel."

"Why are you apologizing?"

"Y-you seem sad... I" Reina's eyes widened as Raizel's arms envelop her in a warm hug. Even Frankenstein is surprised in his Master's display of affection. Reina stood still, afraid to move.

"Raizel..." He tightens his embrace on her that made her gasp. Reina gave up and hugs him back. She may not know Raizel's reason but the feeling is nice.

Reina is the closest Raizel considers as family. He favors her because even without a bond or a contract Reina made him feel like he is loved. Raizel may not show it but he is grateful that Reina grew up with a good mother. He cannot imagine the things that he'll have to sacrifice if she ended up like Ignes. Maybe he'll be like Locktis... or worse because his love for his brother is nothing compare to his love for this girl.

"Let's go home." Reina nodded and look at Frankenstein who is smiling at the two of them. 

"He loves me more than he loves you." Reina teasingly mouthed at him making him roll his eyes.

"Let's go home." Raizel said making Reina stand stiffly as he removes his arms around her. She pouts her lips and raises her hand, the kids levitating unconsciously. They were about to leave when a huge explosion was heard not too far away from them.

"What was that?" Frankenstein gritted his teeth, he wants to go home as fast as possible to treat Reina. Because Reina uses her own life force to heal, she cannot heal herself faster so the wound in her arm is still bleeding and that worries Frankenstein. Even if it is very unlikely for her to die due to blood loss, it greatly angers Frankenstein to see her wounded.

"This is..." Reina trailed off while looking at the explosion.

" ...Muzaka? He was here the whole time?" Raizel completes her sentence. The both of them are powerful enough to sense the familiar aura that is faintly coming out of the explosion. Frankenstein, on the other hand, looks surprised when he heard of this.

"M-Master, you mean to say... that Muzaka is here?"

Raizel remain silent while Reina nodded at Frankenstein.

"Cadis... Etrama Di Raizel..." The previous lord of the werewolves growls his name.

"Muzaka... so you were alive?" Reina and Frankenstein narrow their eyes at the man a few meters in front of them.

"Something is not right..." Reina places herself in front of Raizel, ready to protect him as she feel an intense killing intent coming from the man with silver hair.

Muzaka grip his head like it was hurting then he growls so loud that the mere force of it dug the roots of the trees below them and the uprooted trees flew away from and to where Reina and the others are standing. Reina immediately put up a barrier to protect all of them.

"Reina... this is my fight. I wishes to fight this alone."

"But... "

"Reina."

"Of course." Reina said reluctantly.

"Frankenstein, take the children and get away from here." Reina's eyes widened as he looks at Raizel.

"If I fail to stop him, you have to do it for me, Reina." Reina frowns at Raizel but she had not choice but to unwillingly accept.

Reina decided to watch and listen, trying to collect some clues about what happened between the two friends.