Chapter 12

Frankenstein clenched his jaw while his aura became darker and darker every passing second... Raizel looks at Reina with sad eyes.

"That is how I had a clue about what happened to you."

"Reina... for you to experience that kind of desperation..." Raizel did consider those traitors as his companions but now that he realized their true intentions, he felt sick, he was used. He swore to himself that he will, from now on, consider them as enemies.

"I can never forgive them. I'll see to it that they will suffer a gruesome death." Frankenstein's anger is clouding his judgment as he thinks of many ways to torture those who harmed his woman.

"Frankenstein, I'm fine now. Just like what Raizel said, it is all in the past. What's important is that we are all together." Reina said cupping his face in her small hands.

"Anyway, where are they?" Reina asks trying to clear the tension in the air. Frankenstein stood stiff at her question and looks away.

"Frankenstein..." Raizel looks at his servant expectantly.

"You mean... Tao, Takeo and M-21?"

"Of course." Reina frowns at his behavior.

"They have not yet returned." Frankenstein said curtly making the two look at him suspiciously.

"... and?" Raizel asks but Frankenstein remained silent...

"I doubt they are still at work..."

"Frankenstein, we want an honest answer."

The servant sighs in defeat and look at them.

"Tao contacted me a short while ago. They have gone to rescue a KSA agent who is in danger. Even if he hadn't made this decision, the KSA would have noticed our existence soon enough. There have been many incidents in this area since Master's awakening. The KSA cannot risk conflict with Cerberus, so they will do their best to investigate. In time, the hostility between us and the KSA would have deepened. Then others would have started taking an interest in us. Of course, the best option would have been if none of this had happened... but it's too late. In a situation like this, it's better for us to maintain a close relationship with the KSA rather than a hostile entity. It so happens that the Union's relationship with the KSA is dipping to extreme levels. Although it is a risky move, Tao has seized this opportunity."

"That means... they are currently fighting Cerberus?"

Reina doesn't like the thought of them fighting that military unit...

"I assume so, by the fact that I have had no further contact."

"How do you judge this? Do you think they can handle this fight?" Reina looks at Frankenstein trying to weigh her decisions based on what his answers will be.

"I cannot be sure, because I lack sufficient information about the enemy. But all three have undergone immense improvement. They will not be easily defeated."

The chance that they will be defeated scares her.  She stands up and was surprised that Raizel stands up with her.

"The both of you can't use your powers."

"Frankenstein, the thought of them helping someone that they just met... I feel the same way, too. I want to protect the three of them because they are now part of my life here even if I just met them."

"If we are discovered here, we can easily move somewhere else. It is a convenient option, for us and for them. But they have chosen to stay and risk their lives to protect the relationships that they built in this place... I feel the same way. I wish to protect the life that we have here."