Chapter 16

Sasha

"I'm not tryna pressure you, just can't stop thinking bout you, you ain't even really gotta be my girlfriend, I just wanna know your name and maybe sometimes we could hook up, hang out, just chill." -Musiq Soulchild

Pac and I stood with matching shocked expressions as Mommy, Mama, and Aunt Kelly looked at us with raised eyebrows. Well, I wasn’t as shocked as I was surprised, but Paco looked like he just walked in the same room as the Queen.

Eh, he kinda did, but that’s neither here nor there.

I knew one day my parents and the rest of my family would meet Paco and the rest of the Walls’; I just didn’t think today would be that day. When Mommy texted me asking for me to pick up the groceries I figured it was because she had an impromptu meeting to go to or something, so Paco volunteered to come with me to pick them up and help me put them away and once we finished we would just grab a bite to eat before we went back to the studio to finish rehearsing since it was still early, and he needed a break as well, since he had spent the majority of the day in the studio writing and laying down vocals. I just didn’t expect to find Destiny’s Child standing in the living room when we got here, that was the LAST thing I would have expected.

I know walking in with a boy probably raises eyebrows…hence their raised eyebrows, and a lot of alarms are going off in their heads, well, maybe not Mommy because she knew where I was and what I was doing, and it’s not like we were doing anything or was going to do anything because it’s not like that at all. However, all that doesn’t really matter, especially considering this is the first time my mother has ever seen me with a boy that I wasn’t related to, and this is a boy I just so happen to see myself in a relationship with in the near future, so really there’s no telling what could be going through her head right now, but I feel like none of it could be good. I mean, if your sixteen-year-old daughter just walked in with a boy you’ve never seen or met before what would you think?

I let out a nervous chuckle, “Heyyy guys, fancy seeing you all here…together…right now.” I said. Now that I think about it, I don’t know why I’m so nervous, I didn’t do anything wrong. I guess seeing my mom again for the first time since the dinner and this time she’s seeing with me with one of my friends made me feel nervous since it’s really the first time she’s ever seen me with a friend, a friend I feel will one day be my boyfriend. That added to the fact that it felt like my two worlds were now colliding with one another and it was an instant overwhelming feeling because it was completely unexpected, but hey, things happen for a reason, and this was probably supposed to happen even though I kinda wanted to sit her down and tell her all about Paco first before she met him. Not only that, I kinda also wanted to be back living at home before I told her as well, because I felt that if I was ready to go back home, then I would also be ready to fully let her into my life, my dad as well.

A reassuring smile came upon Mommy’s face, “Hey Poohbear,” she said to me before turning her attention to Paco, “Alic, what a lovely surprise seeing you here, how are you?” she asked him as she tried to fight the smile trying to creep on her face at the sight of Paco, who stood starstruck with wide eyes while at the same time starting to slightly tremble from carrying the weight of all those groceries, although from the looks of it, I don’t think he noticed. I inwardly laughed to myself because I told him it was ok if it took more than one trip, but nooooooo, he insisted that he had it all under control, because he was a professional and that they didn’t call him “One Stop Pac” for nothing.

Um, ok, whatever that means.  

I’m sure it doesn’t mean how he’s looking now, because One Stop Pac looks like he’s about to drop.

He stood stuck in silence for a second before I nudged him in his arm, making him quickly return to reality, “Huh? Oh, heyyyy Ms. Michelle,” he said with his signature smile that you can’t help but to love, letting me know that he was back to his normal, goofy self, “I’m fine and dandy like cotton candy, how about you?! May I say you’re looking beautifully blessed and highly favored on this fine day,” he said as he readjusted the bags in his hand. Mama silently looked between me, Paco, and Mommy, trying to figure out who he was and what was going on.