Midterm Break (Part 2)

3rd person POV

========previously on 'Spirit of the Game'==========

"Look there will be a fireworks display tonight. That should be fun," Haruhi states smiling

"I- I think I'll pass on that one," Y/N says sheepishly

"Oh, right, sorry I forgot. We don't need to go. Sorry for bringing it up," Haruhi apologizes

"No really it's alright. Why don't you go with the rest of the host club I'm sure they would have fun going. Really I will be fine," Y/N smiles slightly.

The vendor comes back with the ice cream for the girls. After they take their treats and thank the vendor they turn, nearly running into the twins.

"What do you have there?" the twins ask together

"It's a local specialty would you like to try it?" Haruhi asks pushing her cone toward Kaoru

Y/N smiles seeing the surprise on the twins faces and does the same to Hikaru causing him to have a light blush on his checks. Out of nowhere two new ice creams appear in front of the guys.

"Here. Two on the house for such lovely guest," a strange nervous employ says.

"Thank you, sir. That's really kind," Haruhi states.

The twins take the cones and stare at each other before taking a bite. Y/N keeps her eyes focused on the now empty window of the vendor and the strange commotion going on from within.

"So, what do you think?" Haruhi asks.

"Its pretty good," Kaoru states

"What's the flavor?" Hikaru asks

"Vanilla bean, but its goat-based cream," Y/N states while taking another taste happily.

"Interesting it's not bad," Hikaru states

Y/N laughs nudging Hikaru for his overly stoic attitude towards ice cream. Hikaru looks away to hide his blush from Y/N's teasing when he notices the flyer.

"Hey a fireworks show that sounds fun," Hikaru says

Haruhi chimes in, "Why don't we meet up with the other hosts before that to see if they want to go to?"

Y/N stiffens from the conversation, but breaths out a sigh of relief for Haruhi's quick input. Haruhi looks over to see Y/N mouth thank you before giving a smile.

"Yeah I suppose that would be more fun," Kaoru agrees.

Hikaru says slightly flustered, "But that's not till much later."

Kaoru smirks at his brother causing Hikaru to look away. Hikaru's cheeks turn slight pink, which catches Y/N attention.

"Hey, Hikaru are you alright? You look flushed," Y/N states about to touch his forehead

"I'm fine," he pouts and steps back from her.

Kaoru laughs, "trust me he is feeling great, nothing to worry about."

The girls look at each other feeling they missed something.

"Haruhi I want to show you something come on," Kaoru says as he grabs Haruhi's hands and takes off away from Hikaru and Y/N.

================Begin new chapter========

"Uhhh so that was strange," Y/N says while staring at the last of her ice cream, unsure what to do now.

"Yeah. He's been acting weird all day," Hikaruh says while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Do you want to get something to eat? I'm starving," Y/N suggests