Behind the Scenes

Tamaki's and Kyoya's fathers meet in Mr. Suoh's Deans office overseeing the main courtyard where the ball is taking place. Mr. Suoh hands Mr. Ootori a glass of Scotch will they discuss business and family.

"Those two girls in the host club with our boys. Do you know who they are?" Mr. Ootori questions

"Of course. You mean the honor student and the American transfer?" Mr. Suoh plays coy.

"Yes, those two. They show a lot of courage and seem to have brilliant minds. It would be interesting to see where they end up and even to consider for future... partnerships," Mr. Ootori also is playing it close to the chest to see what his longtime friend and rival is thinking.

"I agree, both of them would be excellent candidates to marry into the family. This is something we can actually agree on for once, my old friend," Mr. Suoh speaks no longer beating around the bush.

"At least we don't have to worry about the future. I thought I knew how brilliant Tamaki was only to be amazed by what he did with a mismatch group of high society students," Mr. Ootori comments.

"Yes, the future does seem bright. I expect Ms. Fujioka will one day easily accomplish her goals and become a highly successful lawyer. While Ms. L/N seems to be the inheritor of the Akia family enterprise," Mr. Suoh gauges his competitor's response.

Mr. Ootori clears his throat, "That is a rather big news. Why would she be connected to the Akia family?"

Mr. Suoh hides a knowing smile, "Mrs. Akia had a conversation with my mother yesterday discussing how Ms. L/N is like a daughter to her and her husband. Since they have no heirs, they see bright things in her future and choose to pass everything to her when the time comes. A surprising turn of events don't you think?"

Mr. Ootori smirks, "It would be a shame to let either candidate slip through our sons' fingers and why limit options. They both would truly be exceptional people to know in the future."

"I couldn't have said it better myself. I am interested to see how our sons fair," Mr. Suoh.

They both give business smiles before concluding their chess game of a conversation.

A/N: Hate the dad's so much! But at least they aren't rejecting the girls for having commoner backgrounds. Kind of a filler chapter but also one I felt is needed. At the very least to explain Y/N's new life prospects.