Tension

Tension

"Tom-"

"I'm sorry, did I give you permission to refer to me as such at this point and time?" uttered the Dark Lord, his expression cold as he stared at Tadeus and the man paled slightly. Lucius rolled his eyes.

"No you did not. But Tom, wouldn't it be wise to just..apologize?" said the blonde and Tom ignored that statement, his red eyes unfocused as he stared off to the side.

Apologize?

Him, apologize?

To a thirteen year old wizard?

Just who did they think he was?

He was not wrong. If it wasn't Draco's fault then who else could be at fault? Tom refused to blame Hadrian and it could not be his own fault as he was busy. He was worried about Hadrian quite often and tried to check on him as much as he could but there were other matters he had to attend to.

Ruling the Dark was not an easy task. He doubted even Dumbledore had it easy with being on the Light side.

He couldn't believe his serpent was actually ignoring him.

Maybe, just maybe, ignoring Draco was a tad over dramatic but he would not apologize to anyone. Not even Hadrian, for his feelings.

Did Hadrian not understand how important he was?

"Tom."

The Dark Lord met Lucius' annoyed gaze and the man sighed.

"I understand your frustration but I also must side with Hadrian. He mentioned how you treated Draco and I can't say I'm entirely surprised. I know you adore Hadrian more than my son, but I expected for him to at least receive the same treatment Hadrian does. Especially with how much you still care for my father even in his passing. Do you really think Abraxas wouldn't be pissed about how you treated Draco? You had never treated him in such a way. Abraxas was always first. Even to a child like me at the time, I saw that. So why now do you treat my son as if he is nothing? Does that not bother you? Of course you are my Lord. I will not go against you and I will accept a punishment but I will not tolerate the disrespect you have given us. The Malfoys have always served you and now that you have named one your Consort, you are family. Even deeper. This is not how you treat one's family. Though I suppose you wouldn't know that. Since your own abandoned you."

Tom stilled at those words.

An ache he hadn't felt in decades surfaced and he closed his eyes as his rage grew to the highest he had ever felt.

"Get out." he said quietly, so quietly, that Lucius had thought he hadn't heard anything at all. The blonde nodded once and left the throne room, however Tadeus wasn't surprised at just how fast he left.

The Dark Lord stood from his throne and Tadeus watched as Tom Riddle sighed deeply, his expression one he hadn't seen in a very long time. Sadness.

"My-"

"Don't call me that." he muttered faintly. His hands shook and he clenched them tightly. He could not feel Hadrian, nor could he feel Draco. His mind felt like a void he would never get out of. He hated that.