Brooms and Defense

Brooms and Defense

"Hades!"

The raven shot up, eyes darting around quickly only to relax when he realized where he was.

He was in his shared room with Draco, Ron and Neville.

Said friends were staring at him worriedly as he yawned, stretching and wiping his eyes out.

"You okay?" asked Ron, sounding particularly worried and Hadrian nodded. "Yes. Sorry.." he mumbled faintly, crimson eyes flashing in his mind and he ignored the way his heart stuttered as he climbed out of bed, running his fingers through his hair.

"Uh..Hades?" muttered Neville and Hadrian turned slightly from unfolding his robes. "Yes?"

"Your hair." breathed Ron, his eyes wide in awe and Draco snickered. "It's like..red. Like crimson." choked the blonde and Hadrian blinked before slowly approaching his mirror and looking at his silky hair.

Sure enough, the usually raven red streaked curls were now a crimson red. The same red as Tom's eyes.

"Fuck." he muttered and Neville burst into fits of laughter.

"I always forget you're a metamorphagus!" he cackled, blatantly ignoring the sharp glare Hadrian shot his way.

"Oh yeah! Don't all Blacks have that ability?" remarked Ron, curious and Draco nodded. "Yep. Hadrian can usually control it but apparently not this time. I've never seen it get that red. It kind of reminds me of a crucio." he said and Hadrian sighed.

"Well. It won't go back." he said grumpily and Ron shrugged. "So what? You look good. Now we match." he grinned and Draco choked. "Whatever you say Ronny." he muttered and Ron flushed at the nickname.

"Ronny? Really?"

"Better than anything else I've called you." replied Draco airily and Ron muttered something under his breath that vaguely sounded like, "Spoiled twit." but Hadrian wasn't sure.

The group finished getting dressed and Hadrian looked over, expecting Anubis to join him, only to see that the snake was gone.

Oh right...he's with Tom.

That he is. Don't worry, he's fine. He's just eaten actually.

At the smooth voice in his head, Hadrian jolted, but no one seemed to notice.

Tom? How are you...oh, the Horcrux.

Yes. This way, no one will be able to intrude on our conversations.

Amazing..

He heard Tom's amused chuckle and rolled his eyes, following after his friends.

Apparently Solaris wanted to take a run in the dark forest so Draco had Dobby go with her in case she ran into a creature she couldn't fight off. The elf looked horrified.

"So, what happened in detention?" asked the blonde, the others looking over at Hadrian and the raven glanced around, shaking his head slowly.