Weighing of The Wands

"What?" breathed Viktor, standing from his chair and Hadrian nodded once, taking the seat nearest the fire place. Fleur frowned and Cedric looked suspicious as he narrowed his eyes toward the door they had entered from.

"We know you didn't and wouldn't put your name in the Goblet. You can't no matter what spell you might find in the Blacks' library. So who would dare do something so stupid as to put your name in?" said the handsome Hufflepuff and Hadrian shook his head, running his fingers down Anubis' scales lightly. "I don't know. However it could not be Karkaroff. It just doesn't make sense. If he were to do that, he would put an even bigger target on his back than the one he has now." muttered the raven.

Fleur nodded in agreement, her lips pursed in thought.

"Do you think it was Dumbledore?" she asked and Hadrian made a face. "It's a possibility and we know how good of an actor he can be. I suppose we won't know until the tournament is over. We don't have enough information." sighed the raven just as the door was thrust open, several people entering the room, one being Albus Dumbledore himself.

Behind him was Remus and Severus as well as Charlie, Ludo Bagman and Barty Crouch Senior.

Remus looked livid and Severus, though his expression was stoic, was just as angry and suspicious. His eyes gleaming dangerously as he glowered over at the Headmaster. The old wizard himself looking unamused as he met the raven's fiery green gaze. He did not hide his displeasure nor the suspicion he felt toward the man.

"Heir Black, you are aware of how this looks." said Dumbledore, his tone grave and Madame Maxime frowned, her brows scrunched in slight agitation. "It is true. There should not be two Hogwarts champions. It is cheating Dumbly-dore." she said, Igor Karkaroff scowling with his agreement. "If that was the case, we should put in another slip for our own students." he stated and Dumbledore shook his head quickly. "That goes against the rules. Someone must have put his name in under a different school. The Goblet will not accept champions of the same school." he sighed and Remus growled slightly.

"Hadrian is too young to compete in this tournament. There has to be something you can do." said the wolf and Crouch Senior's expression was blank as he said, "Unfortunately Heir Black has to participate or else he will lose his magic. It's the rules."

Viktor and the others were livid with these words but Hadrian did not react, instead meeting Dumbledore's grim gaze with a stone cold one of his own. Hadrian could tell that he was merely putting up a facade but he still didn't know if Albus himself put Hadrian's name in the Goblet.

"Albus." stated Severus, his expression, to those who knew him best, was wary.

Both he and Hadrian knew Tom would not be happy with this turn of events. This was another line being crossed. This tournament was dangerous and though Hadrian was arguably the most brilliant wizard in this century, he was still a child.

The tasks were known to be extremely dangerous and Tom was still on edge from nearly losing Hadrian last time, he would be furious when he found out about this. And he would find out.

There was no way Hadrian could hide it from him.

"I am sorry Severus, but there is nothing I can do. There are magicks at work higher than my own." responded Dumbledore, his voice low.

"Fine. But don't treat me like a child. I'll do the challenges just as my friends, I need no hints or tips." said Hadrian and Dumbledore gave a nod. "Of course. Your first task will be announced soon. For now, you all may leave to your dorms, get some rest and do your best." he said, Hadrian brushing past with Fleur, Viktor and Cedric right on his heels.