68. fly me to the moon

:sexaginta octo:
~fly me to the moon~

:sexaginta octo:~fly me to the moon~

✰✰✰

"Hey Perce" Patrick sighed as he sat cross legged opposite the grave, "it's been a month now I think and I ..." a tear rolled down his cheek just by thinking of Percy.

"Well I um... I've been thinking about it just like I told you ... or have been telling you for the past few weeks, I don't want you to be disappointed in me"

Patrick's hands were shaking as he determinedly stared down at them, "but ... I would do anything to see your face again"

The grass swayed in the spring air as the blonde ran his hand over his head.

"Percy I ... I still can't believe what's happened, everything went so quickly and before I knew it you were ... well you were... dead"

"I keep telling Anna that I wish I could have said goodbye but I don't... I don't want to say goodbye because I don't want you to be gone"

"They say it gets easier with time but it's getting harder everyday because as the days pass I ... well I can't hide from it anymore... I have to accept that you're dead and you're not coming back"

His voice rattled with sobs as he etched his fingers over the words carved into the stone.

"Well that's the problem isn't it" he cried, "you're not coming back so... I have to come to you"

"I tried thinking about mum and Amelia and Anna... you told me to do that if I ever... thought about it again, of course you told me to think about you as well but... but I can't do that anymore"

"I wish I'd died in the battle... that way it's not my fault and I wouldn't have to make this choice... it sounds so selfish of me but I can't take it anymore"

"I just... I never planned things out like you but... I can't see a future for me anymore, you were my future and now ... now you're gone"

"Anyway... anyway I've got to go now... I'll be back tomorrow or... or maybe I'll get to see you soon...bye Percy"

Patrick stood up shakily and stared down at the grave before him.

"I love you" he whispered before turning and leaving.

✰✰✰

The radio was lightly playing in the background as Patrick looked over the crossword. He'd been trying to do them, hoping that it would help him feel closer to Percy. So far it hadn't been working.

Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars

Patrick zoned out from what he was doing as the tune played through his ears, he'd always like older music, claiming voices such as Sinatra's that almost righted everything in the world.