34. the heir of slytherin

:triginta quattuor:
~the heir of slytherin~

:triginta quattuor: ~the heir of slytherin~

✰✰✰

"You ... you're the heir of Slytherin... you're Voldemort"
"Surely you didn't think I was going to keep my filthy muggle father's name... no ... I fashioned myself myself a new name name, a name I knew one day wizards would fear to speak, when I became the greatest sorcerer in the world"
"Albums Dumbledore is the greatest sorcerer in the world"
"Dumbeldore has been driven out of this castle by the mere memory of me"
"He'll never be gone not as long as people remain loyal to him"

All of a sudden there was an echoing sound of bird cry reverberating off the sloping stone walls. Patrick turned to see a large shape soaring from the darkened entrance of the chamber. A fiery Phoenix swooped into the chamber calling loudly as it spread its incredible wings like fire. As it approached it dropped something at Harry's feet. A shabby brown hat... the sorting hat.

"So this is what Dumbeldore gives his most loyal supporter... a songbird and an old hat" Tom scoffed as Harry picked up the sorting hat from the floor,
"That'll be no match ... let's see how the famous Harry Potter ... the boy who lives faces against the powerful serpent... the Basilisk"
"Shit" Patrick muttered as Tom Riddle turned and began hissing just as Harry had done to open the chamber.

It seemed that the mouth of Salazar Slytherin's statue was opening, a chasm was forming dark and mysterious.
"Don't look at it!" Harry yelled as he forced his eyes shut. Patrick did the same suddenly aware that he could hear the sound of faint hissing and the soft thud of a slippery body hitting the stone floor.

Harry seemed to be trying to communicate through his weird spitting hissing noises,
"Don't waste your time Potter... he only listens to me" Tom smirked.
Patrick tripped over his feet as he began to run the other direction, he couldn't leave Ginny but he also couldn't face a large serpent on his own.

Harry was running too, he could hear his pounding footsteps hitting against the wet stone floor.
"Bombarda!" Patrick yelled as he pointed his wand randomly behind him. The spell must have hit one of the snake statues as he heard it explode, small rocks scattering over the floor,
"Impedimenta!" The blonde boy tried again, this time the spell rebounded off one of the walls hitting him painfully in the shoulder.

Patrick tripped over and hit his head off one of the scattered stones littering the floor. He opened his eyes slightly to see the magnificent Phoenix attacking the large impressive Basilisk. That's all Patrick remembered before his vision blurred and faded out.

✰✰✰

When the blonde boy opened his eyes the chamber was deadly silent, he turned his head to see Harry Potter staggering away from the body of a large snake, he was clutching his arm and holding what looked like a ruby encrusted sword.
"What's going on" Patrick muttered as he sat up, the side of his head was soaked in blood and he felt woozy, flashing lights popped before his eyes as he tried to focus on the shape of Tom Riddle.