31. using me

:triginta unus:
~using me~

✰✰✰"Look you need to study

✰✰✰
"Look you need to study... your OWL's are this year" Anna sighed as she watched Patrick's knee jitter uncomfortably as he stared down at the homework in front of him,
"They're saying the school might close soon" Patrick shrugged "that Hufflepuff boy got petrified the other night, it's only a matter of time"
"They're important exams Patrick, you'll have to do them at some point"

Patrick's grades had been lacking for a while now, with the stress of everything going on at the school as well as his own issues with Percy, the boy had found it hard to focus long enough to get any of his assignments done.
Instead his mind had been filled with memories from the kiss that they'd shared, wondering whether it would happen again and also wondering whether Percy would want it to.

He'd only seen the prefect briefly since the occurrence, he'd quickly whispered to him that Ginny wouldn't tell anyone which suggested that he didn't want it to happen again. It was evident that he was terrified of this secret getting out, the look on his face when he'd realised Ginny had been watching was enough to tell him that. However the red head had smiled at him, rather than his usual motivation of blocking him out.

"I'm going for a walk" Patrick announced as he pushed himself to his feet gingerly,
"Patrick your exams" Anna sighed as she watched her friend pace out of the common room. The blonde felt bad for leaving all his work, he had no faith that he would be able to pass his exams at this point however he also had no motivation to attempt to change that.

Although when he'd stood up, the boy had no destination on his mind he found that his feet seemed to be talking him towards the Gryffindor common room. Patrick had no idea what he was planning on saying to Percy if he happened to be there and he also had no idea what he would do if the prefect wasn't there.
The portrait of the curly haired lady in the frilly pink dress stared at him in an unimpressed manner as he approached. She observed the Ravenclaw jumper that he was wearing and raised one thinly pencilled eyebrow in suspicion.

"Mandrake" Patrick mused with a slight smirk on his lips knowing from Percy that this was the correct password. The lady had no choice now but to swing aside and grant the blonde entrance into the warm and comforting common room.
It was very different to his own slightly larger and crisper common room, there were no books lining the walls and the windows were a lot smaller meaning that the majority of their light was coming from a large flickering fire of orange and burgundy.

A few Gryffindor students turned their gaze to him as he stepped into the room. It smelt like baked good and cinnamon, reminding him of the colder seasons of winter. Students were sat messing around or working hard leaning against tables. He saw two of Percy's brothers throwing what looked like a shrunken head between them while a small student jumped in an attempt to get it back.

Patrick shifted his eyes across the common room hoping to catch sight of the familiar faced prefect lingering on one of the tasseled sofas or the padded window seats. However for some reason the pretentious Weasley was no where to be seen. Come to think of it, he was probably in the library. Patrick cursed himself for not trying there first.

"Patrick?" The blonde turned to see Georgia Meadows (one of the Gryffindor girls in his year). She had two long braided plaits with small wispy hairs sticking out due to the texture in her darkened locks.
"Hi Georgia" Patrick smiled softly as she shut the work that she had been doing.
"Are you here to see someone?" She asked "how did you know the password"

"Um I'm here for prefect stuff" Patrick lied as his cheeks blushed a pale pink tint,
"I'm a prefect too" laughed Georgia "and as far as I'm aware, there is no prefect business"
"No I mean-" Patrick's mind whirred as he tried to come up with an excuse "I mean I'm here to see a prefect"
"Oh.. which one?" She asked politely.

"Percy Weasley" Patrick blurted out knowing that his mind was incapable of coming up with anymore lies,
"Oh he's over there" Georgia pointed in a slightly confused tone "why do you want to see him?"
Patrick turned to see the lanky Weasley ducking through the portrait hole holding a pile of books,
"He saw me wandering the corridors the other night" Patrick whispered hurriedly "I just want to make sure that he's not going to hand me in"
"Ah ok... bye then" Georgia shrugged as Patrick turned and walked quickly towards Percy.

The blonde was a few feet away when Percy noticed him. Beforehand he'd been glaring at his younger brothers who were still messing around with the shrunken head,
"What on earth are you doing here" Percy whispered furiously, Patrick didn't responded as he grabbed the sleeve of the prefects robe and pulled him back out the common room.

"Patrick" Percy hissed, steadying the books that had almost tumbled out of his arms,
"I need to talk to you"
"You could have just sent me a letter" Percy scowled "rather than storming into my common room"
"I don't have an owl" Patrick frowned,
"There's school owls you can use" he stated in his usual intelligent tone.

"I knew that" Patrick sighed in exasperation "I just ... coming here was a spur of the moment thing"
"Spur of the moment for what?" Percy raised his eyebrows "I already told you that Ginny won't say anything"
"What did you tell her?"
"That it was serious that she didn't say anything and that if she wanted to say something just to say that I have a secret girlfriend"
"A secret girlfriend?" Patrick scoffed "so now I'm your secret girlfriend"

"You're my secret nothing" Percy replied,
"You are just a walking mound of confusion" Patrick scowled "what do you mean I'm nothing... we just kissed?"
"Yes I know but I can't" Percy talked quickly, his eyes darted all over the place as though he was worried that someone was listening in.
"I don't believe you" Patrick groaned "you know I do my best to stay away from you... then you tell me you like me... then you kiss me twice, honestly Percy do you get off on using me?"

"No" Percy yelled indignantly "I'm not using you"
"I don't think you understand that is exactly what you're doing... you're confused about who you are and you're using me at an attempt to figure it out... well I'm sick of it"
"I'm sorry" Percy murmured "you're right I'm a terrible person... I'll stay away from you I promise".

With that the prefect turned on his heel and paced back into his common room leaving Patrick standing alone and confused looking after him.

✰✰✰

A/n
Sorry this chapters a bit shorter
Also I feel as though this is slightly repetitive but I'm just trying to drag it out
Other things do actually happen in this book lmao