23. a twist of fate

:viginti tres:
~a twist of fate~

:viginti tres:~a twist of fate~

✰✰✰

'That Weasley boy is such an arrogant prick'

'He's such a pretentious douchebag... does he realise everyone hates him?'

'I wish he would get a life instead of following people round and throwing them in detention'

'Percy Weasley is the most pompous git I've ever had the displeasure of meeting'

Percy's hands collided with the edge of the sink in the deserted boys bathroom as his breaths shook in rattles and quivers. He couldn't bear it anymore. The words he'd heard swimming around him all week were ganging up on his brain. All his life he'd just ignored the words of others, he believed he was better than them anyway. But now he wa starting to realise that they were right.

No wonder he doesn't have any friends

He turned his face to the mirror, his dark eyes blinked and the mirrors blinked back. He'd always found pride in how he held himself, how he didn't care what others thought. Where was that Percy now? Prefect had been a dream he'd sought for so long but now it was here, now he was actually experiencing it. Percy was starting to forget the appeal of having the small badge in the first place. The red head was beginning to realise that the comments weren't wrong. He was pompous, he was pretentious, he was a git.

Maybe if he was funny like the twins, cool like Bill or kind hearted like Charlie, people wouldn't hate him so much. They'd always told him time and time again that he was the worst Weasley because he didn't have fun. Of course they were only joking around, Percy had always seen it like that. He didn't care if they said that, if they saw him that way. Why did it matter?

He wanted that Percy back. He wanted not to care. He wished he couldn't hear the snide sniggers and the whispers. Why was he so pathetic anyway? They were right, he had no real friends. Sure Penelope was nice but they didn't real share anything, not like real friends did. They never properly laughed. Never shared anything that meant something. He'd seen her as part of his life plan, before he wouldn't have cared about saying that but now the new Percy felt immense guilt at the thought that he may have used her.

For some reason as he stared down at his knuckles turning white as he clutched the sink in desperation, his mind wandered to the tall blonde. Why? He didn't want to admit it. The fact was that he found his mind wandering to Patrick a lot of the time. He considered him a friend but he doubted Patrick felt the same. He'd seen how he was with that girl ,Anna, that was true friendship. Not a few meetings in corridors where Patrick was either drunk, in detention or crying. That wasn't friendship.