40. exams and goodbyes

:quadraginta:
~exams and goodbyes~

:quadraginta: ~exams and goodbyes~

✰✰✰

The end of the year brought around exams. OWL's and NEWT's were sending students into a flurry of panic. Anna had never spent so much time in the library as she did the fortnight leading up to them, the case was the same for Percy who was determined to ace his NEWT's so that his future life plans could become a reality. Patrick (although stressed) didn't push himself when it came to revising, he wasn't going to move down a year again but he also didn't want to risk pushing himself over the edge.

Overall he felt mildly confident when it came to the upcoming examinations, having had two years of preparation time now he felt it would be unusual if he dramatically failed. He was under no delusion that he would completely ace them, unlike his best friend he saw no desire in pouring over books time and time again. Instead he payed attention in lessons and did his homework on time, other than that he usually sat in his window seat and mulled over how beautiful the scenery around the castle was.

He'd also spent a lot of time with Percy ,which was something he hadn't expected. The Weasley boy actually had a great sense of humour ,which was odd given how pretentious he always seemed, the two would have a laugh while they were supposed to be patrolling the corridors. At first Patrick had just considered himself a friend to Percy, both boys knew that what they felt towards each other was more than friendship however it also always seemed very unrealistic that they ever could be more than what they were.

This realisation hadn't stopped the fluttering feeling that the blonde felt in his heart every time they were together. Every time their hands touched and every time Percy laughed at one of his jokes. He relished the time he got to spend with the red head however as the year grew on and the seasons passed both boys became painfully aware that this could no longer continue as freely as they would like. The end of the year brought about the thing they'd both been dreading, Percy leaving Hogwarts.

It pained Patrick to think about because they'd spent a lot of their Hogwarts life either hating each other or arguing about Percy's stupidity. Now they were actually in a good place where they could be close to one another without either of them freaking out. They could now laugh and enjoy each others presence but there was no ideas about how this would convey into a life where Percy was no longer at the castle.

Towards the lead up to exams, Patrick yet again had to have the career chat he'd attempted last year. He was confident that his sixth year at the school would be the one where he'd sit the exams, after all he didn't want to be at Hogwarts until he was twenty. However as he sat before Flitwick (his head of house) he still had no idea what he wanted to do when he left school.

The question was a difficult one because until he'd started researching it about a week ago, he'd had no real idea of the amount of jobs there were in the wizarding world. The only ones he'd been aware of were teachers, those who worked for the ministry and healers but even in those branches there were hundreds of jobs and outside of those there were even more.